cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgive me, I have searched but can't find a definate answer

I have a balance on my Devcie Plan but want ot uprgrade my phone, I know I have to pay the balance off to do this.

Does this have to be done over the phone or can I do it in store whilst sortng out my new phone?

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

The simple answer is you can do it either way.

Personally I would recommend in store as you would then also walk out with your shiny new toy and not have to wait in for deliveries at this difficult time.

Please remember to take i.d. With you if going in to store.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

The simple answer is you can do it either way.

Personally I would recommend in store as you would then also walk out with your shiny new toy and not have to wait in for deliveries at this difficult time.

Please remember to take i.d. With you if going in to store.
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I can go to the loal O2 store tomorrow, pay off my balance and get my new phone assume its in stock.

I just assumed I would have to pay the balance off first over the phone before going to the store

Message 3 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I would agree with what @Anonymous  has said, in terms of going in store to sort this out. Over the past few months O2 Customer Service or ordering online has seemed to fail miserably with people waiting for goods which are actually out of stock.... though showing in stock when ordered

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Please remember this is the Christmas period therefore stock levels of any phone will probably be limited ...but certainly a better chance in store...

Also you could pay off your balance via My O2 if required....

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I intend to get the new phone in store, I just want to make sure that I can pay the balance of my Device plan off in store whilst I am there

If not I will need to do it before I go to the store and hope that it refelcts on my account straight away

Nowhere have I seen anything mentioning where you can pay off your device plan balance.  Online chat said it had to be done via the phoen but I am not too sure

Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
In a word. Yes. Go into store. Pay off the refresh balance. Purchase your new toy. Leave with new toy then you know what comes next. ...... yep play with your new toy! !!

What handset are you thinking of upgrading to? You could, if your nearest o2 store is a bit of a trek, call your local store to check availability too. We have even heard of stores holding a handset back if you are traveling in that day.
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Local store is 5 mins down the road, 

I want the iPhone 6, either the 16gb or 64gb depending on stock.  Online has the 64gb in stock for delivery to me on Monday, but I would have to use a different address as we are going away for New year

Long shot I know..

Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would definitely go in store at this time. Your device would not arrive Monday given that tomorrow is Saturday. Avoid the risk. Go in store. Get new iPhone and ENJOY
Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous to ensure the phone you wish, you should rather go to your local store than ordering on,I really as you will have a better chance of actually getting the handset in your hands
Message 10 of 28