cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Default Home Page on Galaxy S4 (Android)

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the settings on my S4 mobile phone the O2 default Home page is supposed to be http://m.o2.co.uk/device/o2active but when I try to go to that page nothing happens - it hangs. Tried chatting to an O2 Guru who talked me through downloading fresh APN settings but this did not work and that seemed to be the sum total of his possible solutions. He suggested I wait 24 hours (a common problem solving technique in O2).  Anyome else experiencing the same problem and if so have you found a solution you would care to share please?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would be interested to know if anyone can access that site as it doesn't work on my Samsung Note2 or S3 or Nexus7.

Message 11 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I will pop into the O2 shop some day during the week ahead, though I'd not be very optimistic having already spent sometime online with an O2 Guru to no avail. 

Message 12 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd have a bit more confidence in the in store gurus tbh.

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 13 of 37

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Weirdly my iPhone is now not connecting either.

I use http://www.o2.co.uk
Message 15 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to be to be an issue with just a single o2 page. It doesn't affect any other usage of the phone.

Seems like a lot of effort when all the OP needs to do is change the default homepage to one of their choice?

Of course if the OP wants to go to all that effort. ....... But I suspect they will say the same in store. I have both the S4 and Note 3 at the moment. Both had the same issue with that same page but works on every other page I have tried to access.
Message 16 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input piperdog123 - but I think you are missing the point.  Of course I could just ignore the fact that my service provider is misleading me (albeit unintentionally) by suggesting that I need something I have already got from O2. The fact that the page is not working is a bit like the 13th chime on a clock - not only is it wrong in  itself but it calls the other chimes into question.  How am I expected to know whether the fault (if there is one) lies inside or outside of my phone, and what further access it will deny me in the days to come?  I cannot possibly check that all other websites I use are working properly. 

I know I am a fussy old geezer who probably deserves to be ignored but I am a paying customer and it is not unreasonable to expect O2 to provide a reliable service.   I am sure I would very quickly hear from O2 if next time they seek  payment via my direct debit mandate they get instead a message saying they need a Smartphone to get the most out of my Bank account!!  :O))

Having said all that I have indeed reset the home page to another webpage in the meantime as the O2 message is irritating me.

I will of course report any positive developments.

Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where did you get that website link originally ?
Its not working on my iPhone now either. Possibly a bad link.

I'll ask the site management.

@Toby can you check please.

I too would be miffed if something didn't work when clearly it should and seek out a resolution.

You certainly don't deserve to ignored my friend.
Message 18 of 37

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
I don't think the link works for anyone and is a general fault. There are many problems with O2 pages and links as reported elsewhere.
Message 19 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gerry

If you feel it is time worth spending then indeed you should.

I had it but couldn't be bothered taking the time out to get to the bottom of it. I think it is a coding issue by o2 which will sort in due course but that is purely my opinion.

And of course you should not feel ignored neither here or anywhere else.

Please let us know how you get on
Message 20 of 37