cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Default Home Page on Galaxy S4 (Android)

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the settings on my S4 mobile phone the O2 default Home page is supposed to be http://m.o2.co.uk/device/o2active but when I try to go to that page nothing happens - it hangs. Tried chatting to an O2 Guru who talked me through downloading fresh APN settings but this did not work and that seemed to be the sum total of his possible solutions. He suggested I wait 24 hours (a common problem solving technique in O2).  Anyome else experiencing the same problem and if so have you found a solution you would care to share please?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sir - I assumed the link was always there.  When I had the S3 and when I got the S4 everytime I selected the Internet icon on the home page an O2 page would appear quite quickly.  I seldom look at the URLs and only did so on this occasion whenthe page failed to load and when I checked the settings I noticed it was set as the home page.

As to being ignored - that was just my wee rant for today.  I am delighted to say that in help groups such as this I have over a number of years been given some excellent help by lots of lovely people who have been only too willing to share their expertise and experience very freely.  My ill advised  comment about being "ignored" was meant in relation to the "call centre" type operations of the larger organisations where support staff seem to work to a script and quickly get tired if a problem is not readily cracked. Sorry if it upset anyone.

Message 21 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gerry

Please be reassured you have not upset anyone here. It is great to have you on board! !!!
Message 22 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not at all Mate.

We feel your frustration
Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

:O))  Thanks piperdog123 - I am at that fortunate time of life when I can afford the luxury of chasing the unimportant.  I know its not life threatening  - but I do like things to work and I do like to know why when they don't.

I'll be happy to report back if and when a solution is found.

Message 24 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Look forward to your update then. slight_smile
Message 25 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

No resolution yet - but for what it is worth I tried the O2 "Live Status" checker with confusing results.  I entered the name of the town where I live and got this -

"Sorry we are experiencing high service demand in this area
A mast close to your location is experiencing a high level of demand for service."

I then focussed closer and entered my own postcode (which is less than a mile from the town centre) which resulted in this -
"Our network is currently working fine
If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.

I then entered my daughter's postcode (see lives about three miles from me) and got this -
"Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area."

I guess there is a network problem that may be partially to blame.  Just to confuse the issue even more my granddaughter called to see me at about 7pm.  She uses an iPhone with O2 service.  I asked her to check the m.o2.co.uk/device/o2active URL - and it worked perfectly on her phone. 
I think I am getting too old for all these technological mysteries.  LOL

Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's accepted inputting a full postcode offers a more detailed return than the name of the city.

It's also an indication and not 100% accurate. 😞

I've tried that link again on my iPhone 5s / iPad Air and MacBook Air using Safari and google chrome.

It works on my iPad Air and iPhone 5s using safari although earlier today it didn't !

it leads to this ;

photo.PNG

as does this link http://www.o2.co.uk/

Message 28 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gerry / BoB

I have tried the page again on the Note 3 and it says I need a smartphone to access the page.

Just wondering but could it be a kitkat issue perhaps?
Message 29 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea what a kitkat issue is, piperdog123 but hope it is as nice as it sounds. 

The non-dsiplaying m.o2...../device/o2active page problem has not been resolved yet and I have not yet had an opportunity to pop into the local O2 shop.  BUt what I have disovered is that the page does display when I use the Opera browser (which I like) and also the Firefox broswer (which I don't like and uninstalled as soon as I disovered it displayed the page.   So can I assume the problem is something to do with the browser?

Message 30 of 37