cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Default Home Page on Galaxy S4 (Android)

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the settings on my S4 mobile phone the O2 default Home page is supposed to be http://m.o2.co.uk/device/o2active but when I try to go to that page nothing happens - it hangs. Tried chatting to an O2 Guru who talked me through downloading fresh APN settings but this did not work and that seemed to be the sum total of his possible solutions. He suggested I wait 24 hours (a common problem solving technique in O2).  Anyome else experiencing the same problem and if so have you found a solution you would care to share please?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145160 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
I've tried the link on my phone and tablet and both times the page loads OK - It also loads OK on my pc, so I can only assume it's a persistent cookie in your browser cache.
I'd try clearing all the cache and browsing history data and try it again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 31 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had cleared caches etc several times over trhe past 3 days but as you suggested I did it and again and lo and behold the page now seems to load BUT with an OOPS! in the top section of the page. It says We can't find the page you are after, this could be because You've got a typo, it's been moved or we've deleted it. (Just knew it would be my fault!  LOL)   Those words appear beside a rather frightened looking cat that is biting hard on a stick.  Very tempted to refer that to RSPCA - looks like somebody has maltreated the poor thing to get a photo.

Anyway - think I will call it a day on this one.  Very many thanks for all the contributions, suggestions and help from your good self and others in the group.  I may well be abck sooner rather than later if the 4g coverage announced by O2 for my locality does not materialise.  :O))

Message 32 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145160 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Be assured you're not missing anything by not being able to load that particular page wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 33 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick update on the failure of my S4 to display the m.o2.co.uk/device/o2active page using the standard (Samsung?) version of Internet explorer.   I called in to the O2 shop in Lisburn, County Antrim on Friday morning and had a chat with a very helpful chap there.  He tried changing/re-setting various settings but to no avail.  As the page in question loads ok with Chrome he concluded that the problem must lie with the originally supplied browser which cannot cope with the mobile version of the page though it can load the desktop view ok.   Personally I don't understand that argument since the browser quite happily displays other sites that start with m. such as m.bbc.co.uk/ and m.u.tv/.   

However, overall I am very happy with my S4 and (believe it or not) with O2.  It is truly amazing to think that  this little device that i carry about is a phone, an atlas, a navigation guide, encyclopaedia, postal system, library, diary etc etc.   Small wonder then that it occasionally has a wee blip.   

Message 34 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree it's a great phone.

Well you have not had full resolution but one that your going to live with I suppose.

Thank you for the updates.

Enjoy your phone and Network Service.
Message 35 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

A final happy comment on this topic.  You are not going to believe this BUT the recalcitrant page is now loading on my S4 without a hiccup.  I am not aware of having done anything to make it work. In fact I had more or less resolved to forget about it then after tea tonight I discovered that the page is displaying as it should.  Benefit of the dount must be given to O2 who were probably fixing the issue quietly in the background!

Happy weekend to all of you Community Gurus wherever you may be. 

Message 36 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems something's resolve them-self after time !

Take care.
Message 37 of 37