cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer - what's happening

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've transferred a number from BT Mobile to O2 yesterday. Out going calls seem to be fine from my O2 phone (i.e it shows the ported in number if say i ring my land line). If you ring my number however it still rings the BT Mobile phone and texts go there as well. I've tried all the usual stuff like reboots etc etc and waited the 24 hours O2 told me it could take. Has anyone got any ideas who to speak to next as normal PAYG support don't seem to fully understand the issue I'm having.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if its of any help but the phone is an iPhone se

Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check what number is showing in settings >phone >my number. If wrong, correct it and reboot phone.
Otherwise it might be a split port which will require BT to resend the porting files to o2 so it can be done again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the port is incomplete. You will need to contact cs again 

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous did you get your pac from BT and follow the information in this link?

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
First thing o2 got me to do yesterday was change the. Inner in the phone. I'll ring o2 later this morning. The port was originated by o2 on the phone rather than the web form

Thanks for the speedy replies
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Inner = number
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Definitely sounds like a split port then.
Ask then to contact bt again for the port files.
Your original PAC will still be valid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
There saying nothing is wrong and its fully ported. Like hitting your head against a brick wall.
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You would be the best person to know that, not them!
Keep trying and if you don't get any success escalate to complaints http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11