Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Is it possible to set up a text alert service that tells you how many texts, minutes and data you have left so that you don't have to log into My O2 to check?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@gemz4the1 There is an app called Onovo that can give you lots of info about data usage and you can set it up to alert you when you are approaching your data limit. Not sure if that would be of use or interest to you. You can use it on wifi if available so saving your data allowance.

Hi @Anonymous 

That was one app I was initially interested in until I found out its owned by Facebook. They know too much about people's activities as it is. 😄

Message 11 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Simple solution is if he runs out of data he pays extra out of his own pocket. He will soon learn...

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@gemz4the1 There is an app called Onovo that can give you lots of info about data usage and you can set it up to alert you when you are approaching your data limit. Not sure if that would be of use or interest to you. You can use it on wifi if available so saving your data allowance.

Hi @Anonymous 

That was one app I was initially interested in until I found out its owned by Facebook. They know too much about people's activities as it is. 😄

I did not know that @Anonymous   I used the app for a while after I got my first smartphone but soon realised that my usage was rarely if ever going to exceed my allowance so I uninstalled it.  I rely now on the My O2 app and have developed the habit of checking usage regularly. 

Message 13 of 14

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks for your advice guys slight_smile

Message 14 of 14