Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 pre order

Yan101
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. Pre ordered the note 10 which im picking up tomorrow. I also intend to tske advantage of the extra £100 trade in for my galaxy s8. Im now wondering if i prefer the note 10 plus 5g. However im not sure if i can change my mind and still keep the pre oder incentive of 100 pound extra trade in? And do i have to change tona 5g tarriff later? No prices seem to be about for the 5g tarriffs. Ill ask in store tomorrow but just wanted some info first. Cheers
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Yan101 

You'd have to check in store regarding the trade in incentive but as far as 5g is concerned, O2 will allow you to upgrade to a 5g tariff when they are available.

You won't be forced to upgrade though, it will be your choice.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Yan101 

You'd have to check in store regarding the trade in incentive but as far as 5g is concerned, O2 will allow you to upgrade to a 5g tariff when they are available.

You won't be forced to upgrade though, it will be your choice.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello there @Yan101 

I would ask in store, they are very helpful and will guide you through the deals etc.

and what you are able to do later.

I enjoyed my visit when I went earlier this year.

Best of luck and enjoy your new Note 10!

TALLTREES

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Yan101, and welcome to the forum! sun

Have you decided which one of the Note 10 devices you wanted in the end? I'd love to hear how you like whichever one you go for! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 10

Yan101
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Went to pick it up friday, said they didnt have any in stock....i explained it was click and collect. He wasnt having any of it. Drove away. Called o2, they said the same that ill have to wait until tuesday. Rang o2 again to cancel the upgrade, i considered moving providers because of all this. She told me it was delivered to the shop the day before. Drives all the way back to o2 in barnsley. Pay for parking.....again. low and behold its there and was earlier, as stated was delivered the day before. Wouldnt let me choose a plus instead without losing my trade in incentive. So i have the note 10. Its good. I just prefer the spec of the plus.
Message 5 of 10

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Yan101
What a faff.
Enjoy the Note 10 sure it's great.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 10

Yan101
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yea. 10 plus is better but too much of a faff to change it now
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This is the age old issue that people have with upgrades or new contracts, once its in the system there is absolutely no flexibility without cancelling the upgrade and starting the process all over again, meaning up to a month for any change of mind. 

Message 8 of 10

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Yes, @Yan101

Pity looks as if o2 could do with a systems upgrade!! 🤭😁🤭🙏

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 10

jonsie