Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered On Network

Judesman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just tried to make a call and I am told "Not Registerd on Network" I have trawled the internet looking for an answer but some of the solutions are beyond my technical ability.  In the end I just turned the phone (S7) right off and turned on again and all was well.  Why would this happen please? Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Judesman 

Occasionally, for no reason, your phone could just lose contact with the servers.

If it's a one off, don't worry about it, but if it happens regularly, pop into your local O2 shop for a free sim swap, which may help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Judesman 

Occasionally, for no reason, your phone could just lose contact with the servers.

If it's a one off, don't worry about it, but if it happens regularly, pop into your local O2 shop for a free sim swap, which may help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Judesman
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, that's most helpful, much appreciated.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

KL1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a similar problem. Just returned from overseas and put the O2 sim back in my phone. Now it says emergency calls only and "Not registered on network"  Powering it off and then on again didn't work. Any more ideas to fix it please?

@Judesman wrote:

I have just tried to make a call and I am told "Not Registerd on Network" I have trawled the internet looking for an answer but some of the solutions are beyond my technical ability.  In the end I just turned the phone (S7) right off and turned on again and all was well.  Why would this happen please? Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 7

Judesman
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry KL1, As my problem was resolved I didn't take it any further.  You could start a new thread or phone the O2 helpline. (I believe there is one).

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@KL1 

All numbers for O2 are in this guide. The one ending in 4005 has a high success rate of getting through to speak to an advisor. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7