cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to happen me almost every day. I get a text message saying that a person tried to contact me, but my phone never rang. It is either in my pocket or sitting on the table, and has 4 or 5 bars of network, so there's no reason for the call not to have come through. Quite a few people have told me that they can never seem to get through to me. I have changed handsets and SIM cards and it still happens. Everyone else in my house is also on O2 and they have never encountered this problem, it only seems to affect me.

It has happened me again there now. A friend has tried to call me, phone never rang but I got a text message saying he tried to call me twice in a row. This is very annoying, can someone shed any light on what could be happening here? Cheers.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It may not be your problem but it has happened in the past. 3G should handle both so maybe it only happens if a cell is overloaded or very busy?
Worth a try as a test to see if it improves though.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Maybe it's just me but there seems to be so many threads about iPhones and this particular problem?
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Practically every contact on my phone (when I scroll through my message list) has at least one message recently of "You missed a call from me at xxxx" Some have 5 times listed in the one message as they kept trying and couldn't get through.

I am stunned to think that a phone cannot handle voice calls and data at the same time, and that data takes priority over voice (great for emergencies that is!).

I have switched Mobile Data and 3G off to see if that improves anything. I'll be seriously considering changing away from iPhone's in future if this is the case. I did have a Galaxy S3 before this iPhone 5 and the same thing was happening on it though.
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have experimented a little more with this and even with mobile data turned off random calls are not getting through and I receive text messages saying I had a missed call.
Message 14 of 15

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Must be cell congestion then.... best you change networks when you can as this has been going on for some time.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15