cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to happen me almost every day. I get a text message saying that a person tried to contact me, but my phone never rang. It is either in my pocket or sitting on the table, and has 4 or 5 bars of network, so there's no reason for the call not to have come through. Quite a few people have told me that they can never seem to get through to me. I have changed handsets and SIM cards and it still happens. Everyone else in my house is also on O2 and they have never encountered this problem, it only seems to affect me.

It has happened me again there now. A friend has tried to call me, phone never rang but I got a text message saying he tried to call me twice in a row. This is very annoying, can someone shed any light on what could be happening here? Cheers.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Must be cell congestion then.... best you change networks when you can as this has been going on for some time.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Are you using an iPhone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have an iPhone 5
Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Thought so.....
iPhones will not receive a call if they are using cell data to update apps etc when a call comes in.
I know it's a pain but if you turn off cell data you should get your calls come through OK.
You can also limit the amount of background app activity in settings if you prefer not to turn off cell data completely.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have background app updating turned off. Apps only update when I am on wifi and go to the App Store manually.

A lot of my friends have iPhones and they have never experienced this problem before. I am the only one it seems to happen to. I doubt mobile data being on is somehting that stops calls coming through. What a rediculous and frankly shocking design flaw! Is this something iPhones do or an O2 thing?

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Do a search on the forum and you'll find many such issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I have to turn mobile data off in order to receive calls, then just turn it on when I want to use 3G or the likes?

That's unbelievable. I am genuinely shocked.
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I have a setting on my android phones that gives me the option to prioritise calls or data....
I'm not close enough to iOS to know if you have that option but worth checking your settings carefully.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't 3G handle both?
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using my phone on 3G before to play games or check Facebook etc. and a call has come through fine. I don't think this is the problem to be honest. I find it hard to believe that the phone will not receive calls if it has data already being sent or received by the handset. The phone would be unusable then and surely this problem would be much more widespread than it is. I tried a search but could only see threads where people were having a different problem about missing calls, they weren't the same as mine.
Message 10 of 15