Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service at home

AndreaP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since the storms in February I have had no service when trying to use my 'phone at home (Ansdell area of FY8).  I'm on Pay Monthly so have the TuGo app which isn't what I would call reliable and my husband has a business SIM so can't use TuGo.  My mobile number is on all my job applications and my husband is a bker so I need to be contactable at all times.  I have contacted O2 customer service regularly since then and have received approximately 2 months worth of calls from them (thank you but I'd rather be able to use my mobile) but no indication of when this matter will be resolved, only that a) there is nothing showing on their service status or b) they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it (depending on who you talk to).  I have been in to my local O2 shop and been told that one of their employees also has the same problem as he lives near me.  I have been given a new SIM card that hasn't made a difference. Since asking if anyone else has been experiencing the same problem, one (ex) O2 customer has been told that there are no plans ofr O2 to repair the mast!

I would appreciate it if someone from O2 could give a definitive answer as to what is happening

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

AndreaP
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks MI5, was just about to post that it had been suggested on here that I contact him!
Message 11 of 28

AndreaP
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And just to clarify, when I contacted Toby he advised that he would try to have a word with the team and see if there was any info, hence why I am waiting for Toby to get back to me
Message 12 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 13 of 28

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Andrea,

I'm still seeking some contact for you on this, sorry about the wait!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 28

AndreaP
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Toby
Message 15 of 28

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Andrea,

A mast is down in the area and is currently being worked on. I do not have a definite resolution date right now, but I shall update you as soon as I do. I know this is frustrating and I'm sorry for the wait on this.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 28

AndreaP
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Toby

Thanks for your reply...sorry, I didn't get notification that you had replied, however, I'm over the moon now that my service went back to normal on 14th August..exactly 6 months to the day since it went down! Jaw-dropping

Message 17 of 28

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
At last slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 28

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Patience you certainly have a abundance of !
Message 20 of 28