Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after asking for upgrade

miw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Two weeks ago I upgraded my tarriff.  No issues at that time, only after the upgrade I notice Visual Voice mail was not working on my iphone.  It was before the tarriff change.

Call Customer services yesterday 18 August 2019.  First rep I spoke with had not got an idea of what I was talking about.  I termited the call.

Called back and spoke with a rep who after listening to me identified that I had not had the iphone bolt on set up on my tariff. She apparently made some changes and said Reboot your phone and all will be working.  Well I rebooted my phone.

Guess what No Service.  

Rang O2(using a different phone) after going over all the silly questions about network issues and issues with my phone.  The person I spoke with accepted there was an issue with my SIM/account. 

Connected me to a Guru .  This person just confirmed what the first had said,  apparently there was a system error and my phone would be without service for 5 days.  Whaaaaaaat.

Called o2 this morning, only to be given the run around again and made to feel as i was at fault.  

Come on o2 my phone and account worked untill they tride to fix somthing.

Any cut a long story short.     I was told it will be 5 days before I get my service back,, no talk of compensation, no explanation of what is wrong,  Just a sorry.  I received an email from a O2 rep who confirmed our conversation and gave me a reference.  

Sorry is I have a business and need my phone for work.    Come on o2 do better.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

miw
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still no service on my phone

Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@miw 

Nothing should take 5 days to sort out. You need to persevere with customer services, I'm afraid. Ask them if there is any type of bar on your account, if you are showing NO Service

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@miwI will ask our community managers to check this out as there seems to be a few people with the same problem as shown here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/No-service/m-p/1247980#M170568

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

miw
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your comments.  The Guru I spoke with can see that I have had a change to the account.  

I told me that there had been an upgrade to another system and things had gone wrong.  Some how I dont beleve that.  

Given 5 days.  What rubbish

Message 5 of 13

miw
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your comments. There are some other post very similar to mine.
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This seems to be affecting many customers who have upgrades, tariff changes or alterations to the account. I mentioed @Marjo on the other main thread and we are still waiting for her to check the official cause with customer service.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/No-service/m-p/1247980#M170568

Message 7 of 13

miw
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Switch on phone with hope this morning.  Still no service.  Shocking of 02.

i will be in touch with the so called help desk when they open.  The first 20 minutes of the conversation will be asking me to check my sim, there are issues with the network.  You have done something wrong etc.  

When the so called customers service rep finished reading the crib cards, they eventually listen.

Oh madden you have no service I’ll put you through to a guru.  Aaaaaah. 

Guru will I’ll be none the wiser and repeat all above.

come on o2 get it sorted as I am loosing Customers with having no phone.

3 days and counting. 

Ill keep you you posted if I get a salution 

Message 8 of 13

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @miw, and thank you for updating us on your progress! I'm really sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your phone over the past few days - I've just heard back on my end that there was indeed a problem in the backend that affected some customers. This has all been resolved now, so could you please try to turn your phone off and on again, and let me know if you are still experiencing this so we can look into it further for you?

Thanks for the mentions @Cleoriff and @jonsie! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 13

miw
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry already tried that a disengage times this morning
Message 10 of 13