Did you mean: 

Tariff upgrade (kept existing sim) has resulted in "SIM not provisioned" error

Mark_C
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi people,

I decided to upgrade my tariff yesterday morning. I got an order complete email very shortly afterwards, but then noticed that my phone appeared to have lost signal and was showing "Emergency calls only". I restarted the phone after a while, and now I also get a "SIM not provisioned" error.

I went on live chat, they checked my account and basically said to try restarting my phone periodically and that it could take 24 hours. Seems a bit excessive, but fair enough. Anyway, over 24 hours later and many restarts it is exactly the same.

I was on live chat again just now for over an hour. They said my account looked fine, tried restarting the phone again, sim out and back in again, network reset multiple times and no change. Eventually it seems like they gave up:

"I have implemented some changes on the account it will 24hrs to activate the sim however is that doesn't solve your problem you can contact us after 24hrs to arrange a replacement sim or also visit the store to get a replacement sim."

and then randomly got asked if I ever had an iPhone before. I haven't, so just said that I haven't and also that I haven't actually changed my phone or sim card, just upgraded the tariff and got...

"Okay , I would request you to wait for 24hrs as I have added the non IPhone bolton on the account."

"Please restart the phone periodically until services resume."

So my question I guess is basically... really?! I don't have much hope of this doing anything and it'll have been over 48 hours by the next time I can get on to customer services again.

I do have a land line, but it's a basic call package (never use it), so would rather avoid spending £££ on an hour long call to customer services, trying to get through to someone that may be able to help, if I can upside_down or is that probably whats going to end up having to happen?

I also had to retype all of this as by the time I hit post it wanted to log me in again. And ... wouldn't log me in. For whatever reason. I'm not having the best of luck it seems! joy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Mark_C  You can call customer service for free from your land line on 0800 032 1402. Best to call rather than use Live Chat. They're pretty useless. You may have a long wait on hold at this time of day. Best time to call is 8-8.30 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Mark_C 

You can also pop in to your local O2 shop to help with troubleshooting.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Mark_C
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the freephone number. I'll give that a go tomorrow morning, and failing that I'll go find an o2 shop...

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A few people have reported the exact same issue when upgrading or changing taiffs. One or two reported that customer service had told them there is a problem affecting certain platforms and it could take 4 or 5 days to resolve.

Can you check this @Marjo ?

Message 5 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Mark_C  Wave

I'm really sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your phone recently - I've just heard back on my end that there was indeed a problem in the backend that affected some customers. This has all been resolved now, so could you please try to turn your phone off and on again, and let me know if you are still experiencing this so we can look into it further for you?

Thanks for the mention @jonsie, and the advice @MI5 @Bambino! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

Mark_C
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning!

I have just restarted my phone and I have signal again!

Many thanks to all. Saved me some hassle today - appreciate it!

Cheers

Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Great news, thanks for updating us @Mark_C smiley

Hope you'll have a great day!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8