cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

I own a nokia lumia 800 and up until two days ago I could get the internet and emails on mobile data.  Then there was an issue with one of the masts but apparently thats fixed now but I still can only get the internet when its on Wifi. I need my emails and they will only come through when I wake up my phone and refresh the page with wifi..but dont work at all with the mobile data. What has happened? I mean..it states on the o2 checker that 3g isnt available for my area, but 2g is and now my phone is useless when out and about apart from calls and texts.

I have checked with them that the apn settings are correct and dont know what else to do. It isn't just my phone, my husbands is the same too, so there is obviously issues although they say its fine

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147203 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
What is your postcode?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

The postcode is DN123EE

On mobile data, if I refresh my emails it gets stuck on 'synchronising' for ages then it says ' We're having problems connecting please try later' Error code 80072EFD

Accessing the net on mobile data I get.. ' We're having trouble displaying the page you are trying to reach and cant open it at the moment. Refresh the page or try later'

This applies to any website at all I try

Message 12 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
try disabling 3g on your handset there is a very weak 3g900 signal see if that helps

Live results for DN12 3EE

Our network is currently working fine
If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.
Updated 19:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Normal coverage for Voice, Text and Email (2G)
Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
Good indoors and outdoors.

Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (3G)
Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
Sorry, we do not have coverage here.

Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (3G900)
Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
Variable outdoors. Variable indoors. Not good for mobile broadband.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only option I can see on the lumia 800 is switching between 3G and E which doesn't make a difference anyway.

I know the status checker says things are fine again, but we have had internet on mobile data with o2 for over 5 years now..and the phone I currently own, for the last year. No problems at all, then all this starts 2 evenings ago. I don't know what else to do.

Have a different msg now. 'you may have lost your mobile data connection. Check your mobile data and wifi settings'

(which i have)

Message 14 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
you really need to talk to o2 as there must be a local data issue 202 pay monthly and 4445 payg 8002 business
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 23

MI5
  • 147203 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
The only thing I can think of is that something has changed that is effecting your signal.. A new building, construction or a change to some surrounding buildings. All can have a big influence on what is already a very weak 3G signal in your area. If you have wifi at home use that for data as you should be getting a strong 2G signal for phone calls and texts anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will contact o2 again tomorrow. I have been in touch twice now and had my phone settings changed and alsorts when it isnt that.

I don't know of any new building etc, but I guess you can never be sure.

It's just frustrating because even on wifi at home my emails dont come through on my phone until I wake it up because I was told it uses the mobile data when its asleep.

But thankyou to everyone who has tried to help, much appreciated.

Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 147203 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
In your wifi advanced settings change to "never sleep" then wifi will stay on with screen off.
Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunatley it doesn't give that option. Ive checked online and others have questioned the same thing about wifi turning off in sleep mode with the nokia lumia 800 and it says you cant unless you leave your phone on charge, then it will  Cat Sad

Message 19 of 23

MI5
  • 147203 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
Hmmm, that's dumb, you can set that in android phones....
Message 20 of 23