cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cell phone service in SO53 5QB area

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how long this will go on for?  I think I am on day 10 of no service at home and it's driving me mad. 

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just down the road too, cant get any sense out of O2, the support message always the same we are working on it, I'm lucky that I'm on pay as you go and only a little remaining credit, perhaps easier to change network, I'm told that Orange working OK our end of Chandlers Ford

Message 31 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there , im in the po20 area of west sussex and yet again i have no signal , this must be the third or 4th time this year it has happened , i cannot get hold of o2 as when i try on the net its says the page is down , 

Any ideas any one ..

Message 32 of 50

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi there , im in the po20 area of west sussex and yet again i have no signal , this must be the third or 4th time this year it has happened , i cannot get hold of o2 as when i try on the net its says the page is down , 

Any ideas any one ..

Have you looked here to see if there's a known issue:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 33 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been into O2 shop in Eastleigh this morning, they were very helpful, they have been trying to get a handle on what's happening and its taken them hours on the phone, this is their take.... During the high winds and rain about two and a bit weeks ago three masts in the Chandlers Ford area went on the blink, a service repair team is due to repair these masts on the 25th Oct Thursday, and subject to parts needed to repair faults being available the three masts should come back on line that day.             

I understand that priorities need to be made etc, what I don't understand is why a message along these lines cant be put on the network availability part of the site relating to Chandlers Ford.

Hope that helps, if it doesn't come back on line do shout at me!

Message 34 of 50

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Useful info, and I don't know why it can't be published either!Smiley Indifferent

Service status says the work will be done but doesn't acknowledge the fault.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 35 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well, that's the excitement over for the day!  Still no signal.  I wonder if we'll have to wait another 3 weeks?

Message 36 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any news on the SO53 area problems?   The status for SO53 says everything is fine, however if you narrow it down to "SO53 4" then it says all fine but some maintenance to be done 30th, 31st Oct and 1st Nov.  Then if you narrow down again to "SO53 4SG" it still says:

"Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working
This means your service might come and go until we fix it.
Updated 13:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet."

I'm inclined to believe this one, since I am sitting here in SO53 4SG with no signal, same as the last few weeks".  Are the other messages wrong, or have they just tuned the masts to exclude my specific street??
Message 37 of 50

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No but you have to put your full postcode to get the right mast.

At least you know they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

Message 38 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

No but you have to put your full postcode to get the right mast.

At least you know they are aware of the problem and are working on it

So the status for a general area actually means "not EVERY mast in this area is broken" Smiley Surprised  Isn't this pretty useless at best and actually quite misleading?  Normal logic would suggest that if there is a problem within the SO53 area then the message should say so, and warn you to check specific post code for correct status.  For the message to say there are no problems in SO53 is simply incorrect.  At the very least shouldn't it include a warning to check the full postcode, or simply don't allow search on less than full postcode?

That aside, from the conflicting information other people have found I can't honestly say I know that "they are aware of the problem", and given it has been dead for weeks now, it also seems hard to be confident that anyone is "working on it"!

As you can detect I am pretty sick of O2 "service"!

Message 39 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

There must be some way of getting an update.  I have now had no service since 2/10/12 - very nearly a month and yet o2 have happily taken my monthly payment from me.  I have written to Telefonica (no reply as yet), I have contacted mycare and had replies which are posted above.  Interestingly they said they would apply a credit to my phone and to others in my household, not sure how that is going to be actioned.  It is extremely frustrating not knowing - I dont think it is beyond the wit of man (or o2) to give updates from time to time.

Fed up!

Message 40 of 50