cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cell phone service in SO53 5QB area

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how long this will go on for?  I think I am on day 10 of no service at home and it's driving me mad. 

Message 1 of 50
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, has anyone had any response from O2 yet?  The O2 status web page has shown a problem and I haven't had any signal at home for days and days:

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same problem, a few doors down the road from you judging from your postcode. O2's website says that they're aware of the problem in Chandlers Ford (or Winchester, as they call it) but says nothing about when it might be repaired. 

I am about to send in a complaint, and will update the forum when I get an answer.

Message 2 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

It took 22 minutes to speak to a human at Customer Services. And another 10 minutes for her to get an answer, which doesn't sound as if it can possibly be right. 

Apparently the issue is that some trees have grown 6-8 feet too tall at Fleming Park - having looked at the transmitter sites, I think she must have meant Cranbury Park. They must be the fastest growing trees on earth to be able to obliterate a signal overnight. Let's hope they are deciduous.

O2 wrote to the landowner yesterday, asking for permission for tree surgery, and are hoping for a reply by the end of next week. If they can't reduce the trees, then they have to move the transmitter which, she said, takes two to three weeks. Quite how they do that without planning permission is beyond me.

They will apparently "consider" compensation once the "issue" is resolved. 

Message 3 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha.  I can beat that.  25 mins to human then another 15 for no answer.

3 days ago it was only 14 mins to human but toal call was 56 mins and it appears to have been all lies.  O2 stole £720 from my account two months ago and despite lodging a complaint on 19th Sept I'm no nearer getting it back.  Beware.

Message 4 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also spoke to a human yesterday, couldn't work out the answer because his accent was so difficult to understand.  He said he thought service would be back first thing this morning, however I think he was talking about the total outage that o2 had yesterday.  I went into o2 in Winchester today, apparently loads of people from Chandlers Ford have been complaining.  Very helpful person phoned an engineer who will look into it on Monday (not listed on the official site apparently) and will then contact me.  I asked about compensation and was advised to write and make a complaint to: Telefonica UK Ltd, Correspondence Department, PO Pox 202, Houghton Regis, LU6 9AG.  I plan on doing this, as do other members of my family. Let's see what happens, I have to say I think the response you got was hilarious - can't believe it could be the reason!!

Message 5 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so glad that I found this thread as I felt like my colleagues and I were the only ones beating ourselves against a brick wall.

We have the same problem in SO53 4SL, I have phoned and used live chat. During the phone call the operator told me that there was a problem with the Fleming Park transmitter. During the live chat I was told that there was no problem within the Chandlers Ford area. The o2 live checker for my mast says that there is absolutely no problem in this postcode area. Colleagues and friends who live locally are also having the same problem.

If I drive to Wicklow Drive I have a full signal.

Interestingly if I put my work postcode  (SO53 5NP) in the o2 site says there is a problem with the mast in that area but I get a full signal in work!

The customer service operator who I spoke to told me that there was no chance of compensation as it is beyond their control.

I have sent two e-mails to complaintreviewservice@o2.com but I haven't received any replies so far.

Message 6 of 50

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The customer service operator who I spoke to told me that there was no chance of compensation as it is beyond their control.

I have sent two e-mails to complaintreviewservice@o2.com but I haven't received any replies so far.

You don't get compensated for a fault occurring on the network.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 50

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

jonsie wrote:

Compensation rears it's ugly head yet again!

I mentioned compensation to them as I have had no signal at home since 2nd October but I cannot get anyone at o2 to take me seriously, they just check my mast and tell me that my signal is working correctly. 

I didn't want or expect compensation I was just hoping that by mentioning that someone would start to take me seriously and realise that there is a problem. I am now entering the third week when all my calls are chargeable via my o2 landline whilst my inclusive minutes remain unused.

Message 9 of 50

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Hopefully you will get a response soon from the complaintreviewservice This normally takes five working days. Hope they sort it for you.

Message 10 of 50