Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexgen Ltd

TrishaA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm victim of a scam, Nexgen Ltd have billed me through my phone bill 8 X £4.50 for games I haven't had or signed up for, never imagined a company could just bill you for a service or good you'd not ordered or accessed. Even more shocked this could be done via my phone bill. O2 told me to text STOP to 64055 and email contact@nexgenmobi.com to try and retrieve my money. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Barnwood
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afraid I’ve also just found out that i’ve got weekly charges for Nexgen.  I can’t believe there isn’t better security in place. Then to be told there is nothing O2 can do to reclaim the monies is extremely disappointing!  I’m sure if it was O2 losing out financially they’d soon put more verifications in place to stop this from happening.

@TrishaA wrote:

I'm victim of a scam, Nexgen Ltd have billed me through my phone bill 8 X £4.50 for games I haven't had or signed up for, never imagined a company could just bill you for a service or good you'd not ordered or accessed. Even more shocked this could be done via my phone bill. O2 told me to text STOP to 64055 and email contact@nexgenmobi.com to try and retrieve my money. 

Message 11 of 33

Loops2012
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This has recently happened to me. I had 3 charges of £4.50 which I did not authorise. I didn’t text stop immediately as I read that it could start the charges. O2 said to text stop and email them but all I received was I wasn’t eligible for a refund. O2 have banned this happening again and contacted them for me. They got the same email as I did. The date and time it started I know I didn’t even have time to use my phone as I’m a full time teacher, I was teaching at the time it started.
I’ve contact the PSA and action fraud. O2 says I subscribed but I want to know how they got my number. I do not give out my number. I just want it refunded. I just paid off my phone so I could get a cheaper tariff.
Message 12 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Loops2012 @Some good advice here for refunds https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 33

Daisy21
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had £22.50 taken by Nexgen last month, never signed up for it never heard of the company. Have blocked them now and O2 have given me contact details to retrieve my £22.50 but from what I have read on here I don’t hold out much hope. Why do O2 allow such a company to use this payment facility? The are obviously not doing their reputation much good.

Message 14 of 33

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Daisy21 wrote:

I have had £22.50 taken by Nexgen last month, never signed up for it never heard of the company. Have blocked them now and O2 have given me contact details to retrieve my £22.50 but from what I have read on here I don’t hold out much hope. Why do O2 allow such a company to use this payment facility? The are obviously not doing their reputation much good.

Because o2s cut of 30% goes a long way to line the pockets of the big chiefs! 

Message 15 of 33

Pebble
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just had the same message. Not impressed to say the least. I don’t download games on my phones, so I have no idea how they can charge for something that’s hasn’t happened.
Message 16 of 33

Dipa
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello. How did you block them from taking any further payments?
Message 17 of 33

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Dipa help here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/ and you should ask o2 customer services to block all "direct to bill debits" to stop further charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 33

Hunny62
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay... I was sent the same message today from Nexgen re Games4Mobile. I phoned 202 (O2 customer services) and they were able to put the block on. Whatever you do, do not text STOP to the number provided... it merely confirms that you exist. Also, don't bother calling the number for HELP.... it won't hep!

Message 19 of 33

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 20 of 33