New phone

Timewasted
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My current phone is completely gubbed.
Charge point, battery life, memory etc.
Been like that for three months, but i waited until the shops opened as i'm not wanting to spend +£700 on a phone i'd be stuck with for two years i don't like.
Now i am aware there are issues because of covid, but i didn't expect to be told i couldn't look at the two phones i was considering because of covid, let alone use them.
Then i was told there were display models on show bolted down (not ideal) then i was told i could only look at them, i wasn't allowwd to touch them either ?
Have o2 not heard of gloves ?
I realise you are just going to hide behind 'rules is rules' and 'to protect everyone' but this really needs to be re-considered.
What i could do is order one.
Send it back.
Order the other one, send it back
Order the first one again.
So by doing that, not only will i have touched both phones (extensively, without supervision, or gloves) there would be an absolute power of faffing.
How is his any better than pretending to be ultra safe in the shop ?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10262 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions
@Timewasted

Agree things could be done differently, but its a learning curve for all retailers at the moment.

You should have been able to look at them especially in the display area, and possibly even held them, as they can be cleaned and wiped down.

If you use them and send them back then by the time they are received back then the virus will have been killed off in transit, as it doesn't survive for long in the wild and in parcels.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2