cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone for xmas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, may be a bit of a silly question, but if I get a new upgraded phone for my daughter for xmas will her current SIM card be ok to use until then? Will it just be a simple case of swapping on xmas?

thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The tariff will change on her sim card so she can continue to use the current sim in both her current phone and the new one (if same size).
If the new phone requires a smaller sim, it can be swapped online when she gets the new phone.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The tariff will change on her sim card so she can continue to use the current sim in both her current phone and the new one (if same size).
If the new phone requires a smaller sim, it can be swapped online when she gets the new phone.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You should get a new sim with the phone. If your present sim is the wrong size you can pop into the local store but it may be as well to do it before Christmas Day as the limited staff will obviously be extremely busy swapping sims. Just a suggestion unless the phone is a total surprise for her.

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Had a similar issue with a family member. His new phone (Xmas present) takes a nano sim. His current one has a micro sim.

He took it instore and swapped the sim for a 2-1. Still able to use his old phone now and will push out the nano section on Chrismas Day and straight into his new device....'Sorted'...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4