Did you mean: 

New iPhone 13 PRO arrived Blacklisted

jonesy77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I got my new iPhone 13 Pro (additional handset on my account) was a click and collect with a new sim.

Got this for my daughter, got the iPhone back home to set it up for her and there was no service on the phone. Thought this may just be an activation issue, so gave it an hour, still nothing.

I then tried the new sim in my o2 handset...and it worked. Put my sim in the new iPhone, no service.

Call o2 and was told there was a bar on the phone, something about a fraud precaution, then spoke to another customer service bod, was told it was a shipping bar placed on it. Both said they had raised the paperwork to get the new phone unbarred. 

Now 24hrs on the new iPhone, bought directly from o2 is still barred. I have checked the IMEI number and it is coming up as blacklisted. 

Called again this afternoon, this time via the complaint live chat, and was told again that the request to unbar has been submitted and it will take another 24hrs. Obviously getting very frustrated, unusable iPhone, paying for a new contract.

Has anyone else ever had this. New Phone direct from o2 and its blocked?

Also any ideas how I can get this sorted quicker than the 24/48hrs I have no been waiting?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jonesy77 

Yes they bar them until received by the customer to prevent fraud or loss, but once you've passed security, it should be lifted immediately.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonesy77
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have just been on the phone with o2 again. The iPhone is blacklisted. Have also checked this via an IMEI checker.
So its not a delivery bar. 

The story gets even more odd!

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jonesy77 

That's how it shows on IMEI Checker.

They have barred the phone so it will show as such but they do for all new iPhones so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone in CS....... but then again........ 🙄

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

jonesy77
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its a surprise to all in CS. 4 different stories so far!!! Might write a book!!!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

That's the state of it these days mate

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonesy77
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still think its odd. New phone direct from o2. Picked up in person, showed passport. Still blacklisted. I have a feeling the phone has been on a little trip around the uk and the blacklist is from a previous order!

Message 7 of 7