Did you mean: 

Attempted to Pre-order IPhone 16 Pro max instore on Friday

JamieP-7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I’m just looking some advice, I attempted to pre-order the IPhone 16 Pro max on Friday just after 1pm in my local store. I was approached by a member of staff and I requested to make this preorder.

The staff member said if I was doing this on switch up he would be required to take my current device today incase I break it ??. I was extremely confused as I have done this previously and paid a deposit and returned in store, once device arrived. 

Staff member would not allow me to make a Pre order without leaving myself without a phone for potentially over a week. 

I was assured that if I call in on Release day the store will have loads. And a preorder would not be necessary.

I feel I have been mislead and with the current stock check showing on all colours im likely going to be waiting weeks on this upgrade. 

anyone else have similar issues ? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149058 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@JamieP-7 

Yes, we are hearing that this is the new process now for pre orders in store, but you can also do switch up online now and keep your current phone until the new one arrives.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/iPhone-16-amp-Watch-Series-10-Megathread-FAQ-s/td-p/17463...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149058 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@JamieP-7 

Yes, we are hearing that this is the new process now for pre orders in store, but you can also do switch up online now and keep your current phone until the new one arrives.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/iPhone-16-amp-Watch-Series-10-Megathread-FAQ-s/td-p/17463...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

JamieP-7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply ! 

what a shambles, I was going to do it online and the store told me to try my best to do it instore as if any issues came up only the online team would be able to resolve it 🤦‍♂️

I’ll learn in future lol, thank you again 

Message 3 of 6

Benlfc
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 337 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@JamieP-7 it seems it is the process now for pre orders and switch up although the community staff seem to think otherwise. The store can still process the pre order for you but can’t do anything with the switch up however even doing it in store you still keep the phone until your new one arrives, you just send your current phone off when you get the new one but through the post. They can do it all there and then but yes you have to give them your phone then.

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23947 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

That new policy, if correct, has to go down as one of the dumbest asinine policies O2 has ever instituted. How are customers expected to be without a phone for an unspecified time? Deliveries of new models of phones are notorious in being delayed or postponed, and how are customers expected to be able to transfer their apps and data to their new phones if they've already given them up? Makes zero sense to me, and should to anyone who's considering doing that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11465 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Benlfc 

Just to be clear there are no o2 staff on this community, we have a community manager but 99.9% of the people on here are customers on here.. 

And we can only base what we tell other customers what we have personally experienced, so if that changes as the new stupid switch up policy seems to be then we don't know about it and none of us get told anything.. 

SwitchUp, has been a victim of people abusing the system,  so the minority have spoilt it for everyone else... and hence I can sort of see how the new policy helps as dumb as it is 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 6 of 6