cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 contract and credit check

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with O2 for about 7 years, never missed a payment with them and this is recorded on my credit files. 

My contract came up in December, but they wanted to charge me £130 to get a new iPhone, when through a third party and remaining on O2 it could be £10.  When the request went through to O2 they failed me.  I'm perplexed since I have online access to Experian and Equifax, no blemishes on my credit record and according to their scores it is excellent. 

Is this just a way to maximise profits by making existing customers pay extortionate prices while new customets get good deals? Trying to speak to someone on O2 customer services was an absolute waste of time as they didn't understand the issue. 

I didn't particularly want to move suppliers but this has really put me off O2.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
After the service and attitude I've had with O2 over the past few days I would have even given Three a go.
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
After the service and attitude I've had with O2 over the past few days I would have even given Three a go.

Three are much better than EE.

If you are unsatisfied with O2, I can recommend 3 as a second choice.  EE, certainly NOT.  Things have changed a lot in the last year or so.

Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Not sure about other networks CS and support... but 4G isn't available where I live with O2. If 4G was important to me, I would go with the network that gives me the best coverage....

As I'm not...I will stick with O2...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I've only had cause to contact EE customer service on two occasions. Both times I was dealt with quickly, politely and problem resolved. Lucky?...maybe.

Message 14 of 14