cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send messages on sony ericsson expedia mini

Anonymous
Not applicable

my phone is being repaired so have had my sim swapped over to another o2 sim card in another phone.done this with a guru on o2..

can receive messages,internet and email, but cant send messages,have even reset phone,had the settings emailed to me and put them in myself and it still wont let me send messages

Any Help Please

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you on contract or pay as you go? The apps might not be right. I'll refer you to our Sony expert @viridis who will probably know the correct answer
Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you on contract or pay as you go? The apps might not be right. I'll refer you to our Sony expert @viridis who will probably know the correct answer

@Anonymous  I actually got some info from the Sony forum...but unsure whether the advice given was for someone living in the States so I wouldn't post it Smiley Very Happy

I have sent @viridis a PM... but who knows at this time of night...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff was it the UK Sony site because websites usually have versions for each country such as Apple UK or Apple ES
Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Cleoriff was it the UK Sony site because websites usually have versions for each country such as Apple UK or Apple ES

Not sure. It is the Sony Experia Care Forum.

Questions seemed to be from all over the world The answer that worked for one op was this....

It definitely sounds like an error in the SMS centre number. You can change this by following the below steps:

1. Open your dialler and dial: *#*#4636#*#*.

2. From the menus which appear, select Phone Information.

3. Scroll down to SMSC.

4. Enter the SMS centre number given by your provider in this box.

5. Select Update.

I obviously can't guarantee that will work on this occasion.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully this will work for the op as that is what I saw also
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hopefully this will work for the op as that is what I saw also

If it doesn't...then @viridis can correct...One thing it can't do is harm the phone. it will either work or it wont LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi DJ46

If you still remain stuck after following the generic help tips then if you have a local O2 HighStreet store perhaps make an appointment to see an O2 Guru.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/guru

If your having to change sms messaging centre then you have the incorrect SIM card type as Payg and contract hold different info.

Possibly O2 Customer Services which is 202 for Contract -> 4445 for PAYG -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus can confirm if the swap has completed successfully.
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You possibly have been given the wrong type of sim. Contract sims and p&g are different as the message centre number is automatically read from the Sim. 

Check with the O2 'guru'....

Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You possibly have been given the wrong type of sim. Contract sims and p&g are different as the message centre number is automatically read from the Sim. 

Check with the O2 'guru'....

The other advice given from the Sony Experia care team was to change the sim if  the resetting advice didn't work.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16