Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network selection?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Ok...here's another query which puzzles me (doesn't take much I know!) Why is it, when I go abroad taking my contract S3 and old PAYG Motorola...that i turn both phones on when I land and immediately Motorola finds the network (Movistar) but the S3 needs all sorts of jiggery pokery ie turn on> settings>more settings>mobile networks> then fiddle around while it searches for them and then choose the one I want? (which takes 5 minutes longer than the Motorola?)

See, I thought these Smartphones are meant to be just that..SMART, but this is annoying and I need an explanation please?? (I apologise for the technophobia but you can't fault my logic!) Smiley FrustratedSmiley Embarassed:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 144967 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks...tho wish I was still in Spain..

So do we wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
How rude!! 😄
Message 12 of 21

MI5
  • 144967 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

tongue

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks...tho wish I was still in Spain..

So do we wink

Cheeky young whippersnapper...:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 21

MI5
  • 144967 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions
But you still can't catch me wink

Currently using:
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to see that famous Leicestershire wit and charm is still alive and kicking wink

Message 16 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Huh...now here was I thinking MI5 is/was a Funny Nunny bunny?Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
But you still can't catch me wink

Will do one day my lad...just changing my 'search' options!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 21

MI5
  • 144967 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions
LOL slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not any more you can't!  O2 seem to have crippled Auto selection for everyone, surprising as Telefonica in Spain own O2 - I can't even connect automatically on my stone-age PAYG O2 phone from 2017 and on my monthly tariff smartphone it's been like that for some time.  I put the latter down to the fact that it was an unlocked smartphone, but since my simple PAYG stopped connecting this year I've started to doubt this theory.

O2 Customer Services have been absolutely no help whatsoever - ring them - select option - listen to ten minutes of music-on-hold - explain problem to someone with a foreign accent - ask to speak to someone technical - more music on hold - explain again - technical person drops your call.  

Above loop repeats - give up.

Message 20 of 21