Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix 6 month offer

Davis74
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently purchased a new SIM only deal which included 6 months free Netflix.. I have had email confirmation of this from o2.. but when I try to activate it on my phone, it says my number is not elegible for the offer... I messaged a guru but they couldn't help... anyone have any ideas.. Thank you..
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Davis74

There are so many problems redeeming this offer. Have you tried turning WiFi off and doing it over mobile data only?

If still having problems I will ask one of our community managers @EmilieT or @Martin-O2 to help.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another one for @Martin-O2

Message 3 of 11

Dido55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have same problem , went for the upgrade on 23rd Dec 18. Just spoken with a technical advisor, he informed there is a problem, they don’t know when it will be fixed nor how they will advise when problem fixed.

O2 seem to be still promoting the offer , how can they do this when thy know it’s not working.

Message 4 of 11

AgentDD
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve also got the same problem. My husband and I changed tariffs and got the little card from the in store guru for 6 months each. I even got an email today asking me to activate the offer but neither number is now being accepted. Very frustrating!  Can’t seem to get anyone on chat today either!

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 are aware of a problem and working on a fix.
@Martin-O2 is helping out in the meantime.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone! 

There is currently an issue with the Netflix offer that's causing problems for some customers trying to redeem the offer. 

We should have an update on this early next week and I grab details of those affected then if need be. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I've just received confirmation that the website redemption issue should be fixed now. Can you please try again if you haven't already and let us know if you're still having issues with this or if it goes through ok now? Smiley Happy @Davis74@AgentDD@Dido55?

Cheers

Message 8 of 11

AgentDD
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still no luck. I put my mobile number in but don’t get the text message with the activation code. I have had issues before with not getting texts from o2. Appreciate some help on this!

Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11