Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice

kamalaggi
Level 4: Observant
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Im currently on O2 sim only. Im looking at getting the Xperia 1. If I buy it outright (pay as you go) then its £849. On refresh the total device cost is £456.

If i upgrade to refresh am i able to pay off device plan as soon as a receive the phone and change my tariff back to sim only?

1GB data on refresh is £16 so it makes sense switching back to sim only if its possible.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@kamalaggi Yes I think you can do that, but if you shop around you can find that phone in Used-Like New condition for under £400. You could then just stay on the sim only contract you're on now without having to go through all the rigmarole you mentioned. You could even look at sim only plans that are much better than what you have at the moment.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@kamalaggi 

With Refresh, I was under the impression you had to have the contract for a minimum term before making any changes. However I have looked at the T's&C's here

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/mobile/o2-refresh-phone-plan-and-term-and-conditions 

Section 4 states

You can also pay off your Phone Plan at any time before the end of the 24 month term and choose to continue with just your original Airtime Plan (on the same terms and conditions), or if you want to take a new O2 Refresh deal, move, change or upgrade, we'll waive the remaining whole months of the linked Airtime Plan that you haven't used. For the avoidance of doubt, Charges (including for Additional Services) not included in your monthly Airtime Plan, or Charges arising prior to full repayment of the balance of your Phone Plan, will not be waived and will be billed as normal. You will not be entitled to a refund of Charges already paid when paying off a Phone Plan.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3