Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT HAPPY!!

Annimay38
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So about a week ago or so I rang 02 and finally got through after being on hold for at least an hour or so.. Told the lady on other end was having problem with late payment due to this Covid-19 and she assured me that all customers have been given to 30th April to pay their bill and so she extended services till then. 

Then today low and behold my services had been rescricted and I rang again and explained and again the lady on other end said yes you have until the 30th and put all services on again. Which was working till about 10pm tonight and now they are off again.. 

NOT one bit happy about this and can see alot of people having the same bother as me!!!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

No @Bambino 

I've not heard of any payment extensions.

Seems pointless anyway if the system is still disconnecting accounts?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 24

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24018 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

Yes @MI5 it does seem pointless if that's still happening, but if what the OP has said is correct, we've all been taken for mugs, and I for one will certainly not be happy, as I expect you and @jonsie and @Cleoriff would be too.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Certainly need urgent clarification from @Marjo or @Martin-O2.

I feel more than annoyed that we appear to be giving hope to customers when the damn computer will just turn people off regardless!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 24

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
I would guess it's only offered to those who call and not a blanket to cover every O2 account?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I would guess it's only offered to those who call and not a blanket to cover every O2 account?

Even so, they still cut them off. The op said April 30th. Its 2 weeks before that date. So it's pointless.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 24

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Yes as I said.
Message 16 of 24

jonsie
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

They must like lots of angry customers calling (?) back....oh, they can't!

Message 17 of 24

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
Hey all. There's a lot of confusion and frustration going on here so I hoped to clear some of it up. Our Payment Management team are discussing individual circumstances with customers and finding the best outcome for them. For some customers, they may still be able to pay but at a smaller amount, and for others, they may have different circumstances - so the team are discussing these cases individually with those who call and need help with their bills.

If you see anyone come to the O2 Community and voice their concerns about their O2 bill and inability to pay it for whatever reason, please continue to direct them to our Customer Services where our Payment Management team will be able to discuss their situation and hopefully find a solution.

We have just updated our COVID-19 page with more information for customers who are struggling to pay their bills, which you can see here: https://www.o2.co.uk/covid-19We want to reiterate that this support is offered on an individual basis, and we require for customers who are unable to pay their bills to contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and come to a solution.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 18 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Thanks for that @Chris_K . Although I have to say we are always telling people to go to Payment Management and it's a pity the phone keeps disconnecting or goes unanswered. More staff are needed to deal with the 100's of queries we are handling on here.

Add to this people are being told they will have until April 30th to pay and are being cut off 2 weeks before that date

I want to feedback that we are having numerous posts about bill discrepancies. For instance excessive payments taken.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 24

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Although I have to say we are always telling people to go to Payment Management and it's a pity the phone keeps disconnecting or goes unanswered. More staff are needed to deal with the 100's of queries we are handling on here.

Thanks @Cleoriff. As mentioned by Colin on the recent support thread, we're doing everything we can to add more capacity to our phone lines but the spread of COVID-19 is unfortunately affecting many businesses and operations, and has obviously had a huge impact on our call centers. We are doing all we can to add more capacity though.

@Cleoriff wrote:

Add to this people are being told they will have until April 30th to pay and are being cut off 2 weeks before that date

I want to feedback that we are having numerous posts about bill discrepancies. For instance excessive payments taken.

As frustrating as these are, these do seem like one-off's. I'm unfortunately unable to check on why this customer was told April 30th, but this isn't something our agents should be advising. Any instances where our customers are unable to pay their bills are discussed on a 1:1 situation, where we'll discuss their circumstances and then hopefully come up with a solution that will help, but what applies to 1 customer may not apply to another - as these are all discussed individually.

I know these payments issues are frustrating and due to our phone lines being busy, some of this is overspilling onto the Community, but please continue to direct these to our Customer Services as only that team can help with these. 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 20 of 24