cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was debited for compensation for network issues in Dec 2018!

confuseddotcom
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I spotted a £1 debit from my Credit card account on 13/1/19 from O2. When I phoned to find out what it was the nice O2 chap said that it was a credit for compensation (data outage in December)... 10% of £10 per month. I thought I must have been mistaken, but when I read my statement again, it is definitely a debit...!

Has anyone else had money TAKEN OFF their card instead of credited for this? It kind of adds insult to injury... but for a quid it's not really worth the hassle of picking up the phone again.

I just thought I'd check if I'm the only one. Thanks 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Most companies use the CR to denote a credit. Maybe it's a Spanish thing because I don't remember the -sign being used when I worked there in the Cellnet and BTCellnet days.

Message 11 of 18

confuseddotcom
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, it was bugging me so I called the Credit Card company today, and they said that O2 definitely debited the account... So Marjo is kindly looking into it for me. I need to check that it's a mistake and not my kid running up bills on my CC without my knowledge!! I'll let you know how it goes, I'm sure we're all on-the-edge-of-our-seats to find out about this rogue £1....

Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122124 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@confuseddotcom wrote:

Well, it was bugging me so I called the Credit Card company today, and they said that O2 definitely debited the account... So Marjo is kindly looking into it for me. I need to check that it's a mistake and not my kid running up bills on my CC without my knowledge!! I'll let you know how it goes, I'm sure we're all on-the-edge-of-our-seats to find out about this rogue £1....

LOL Someone with a sense of humour Bow

Please stick around @confuseddotcom we need you!

(After you have solved the mystery of the missing £1.00 of course...) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

confuseddotcom
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hahaha, thanks Cleoriff Hug

Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122124 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@confuseddotcom wrote:

Hahaha, thanks Cleoriff Hug

My pleasure @confuseddotcom and welcome to the forum.Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

confuseddotcom
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi everyone, mystery solved!!

After much detective work, and a couple of calls from helpful lady at O2 I've found out what the story is with this rogue £1 nerd

Coincidentally around the same time as receiving the "we've credited your O2 account with £1", my partner made a purchase which needed age verification to view the website (parental controls). O2 take credit card details to check you're over 18, and make a charge to check. They are meant to refund the money back in straight away, as it's only a verification check, not a purchase. On this occasion, the gremlins must've been busy as no refund materialised... Shocked

Soooo the helpful lady at O2 is going to credit the next phone bill with £1, and we can all sleep easy again Happy Dance

another mystery solved.jpg

Message 16 of 18

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

@confuseddotcom wrote:

Hi everyone, mystery solved!!

After much detective work, and a couple of calls from helpful lady at O2 I've found out what the story is with this rogue £1 nerd

Coincidentally around the same time as receiving the "we've credited your O2 account with £1", my partner made a purchase which needed age verification to view the website (parental controls). O2 take credit card details to check you're over 18, and make a charge to check. They are meant to refund the money back in straight away, as it's only a verification check, not a purchase. On this occasion, the gremlins must've been busy as no refund materialised... Shocked

Soooo the helpful lady at O2 is going to credit the next phone bill with £1, and we can all sleep easy again Happy Dance

another mystery solved.jpg

Thanks for the update and glad it's been sorted for you. I can now rest easy!smiling

Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122124 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Thanks for coming back to let us know @confuseddotcom

I can now slide gracefully 'back into my seat'....instead of sitting on the edge of it as you suggested.

LOL

Pleased it's sorted anyway. I have learnt something new today...I had no idea O2 charges you £1.00 to check age verification. I know they refund it but what a farce. (mind you, I suppose it confirms you have a credit/debit card....)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 18