cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Card was stolen. Can't pay bill :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just before christmas my Wallet was stolen and i had money taken out of my account. lloyds Put a bar on it and it's being investigated now. I have since had two seperate Debit cards sent out but all of them have still had the block on them due to a error at the Bank. I will be getting a new card on the 18th-23rd which i have been told WILL work.
My bill was due on the first but i need to pay it by the 16th. I contacted an advisor online to ask if i could pay by cash. Unfortunatly that doesn't seem an option. I called earlier today and asked if i could pay with a family members card and was told i can't. I am now stuck. I don't mind getting cut off for a few days but i am worried about it affecting my credit report etc. Last time i went a day over i got a letter saying they were going to take action. Is there ANYWAY i can pay without using my card? I have the money sat right next to me lol

P.s I don't want to set up a direct debit. In the past i have had trouble with DD phone contracts. When i was with Vodafone they took out (£100) randomly and then i had to waittwo weeks to get it back. I also had something similar happen with Orange.   

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is that a new thing Perksie as I have had 2 contracts for a few years one on dd and the other I always paid by card it was my girlfriends O2 at the time said it was fine just curious
Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Direct Debit is the safest and easiest way to pay.

To put in perspective look how much time you are spending tonight sorting out the hassle. The stress and drama it has caused you.

In reality it started with a horrible event having had your card stolen and for that I am sure we all sympathise.

But please make life easy for yourself? ??
Message 22 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is that a new thing Perksie as I have had 2 contracts for a few years one on dd and the other I always paid by card it was my girlfriends O2 at the time said it was fine just curious

Not sure but it's in the latest T & Cs from April 2011, I can't get back further than that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks for the info it doesn't apply to me anymore the second contract has finished now maybe they just allowed it as a one off
Message 24 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok thanks for the info it doesn't apply to me anymore the second contract has finished now maybe they just allowed it as a one off

My girlfriend paid by debit card every month for years until I recently managed to convince her to just set the direct debit...so you weren't a one off! slight_smile Looks like historically they may have allowed it?

Message 25 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I think the same that contract only finished last month and was paid by card for 2 years
Message 26 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As the op says thay have to pay twice I am guessing it is a refresh contract  Phone plan and tariff plan.

But the refresh t&c state

As with all Pay Monthly tariffs, O2 Refresh is subject to status, credit check, and payment by Direct Debit. Applicants must be over 18. Tariffs and equipment are subject to availability. Airtime Plan prices may go up. Standard UK calls and texts are included in inclusive allowances, special numbers are chargeable and inclusive data is UK data only (see our Tariff Terms here and fair use policy).

And it is 2 Direct debits.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 27 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's in the contract but they don't enforce it, because there are always genuine reasons why people have to pay by card (maybe they don't get paid same day each month, maybe self employed without a steady stream of income etc etc).  I'd say out of 23 million customers there must be at least a few million who aren't on direct debit.

Message 28 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree thay aren't going to stop you cancelling the DD but you are in breach of contract if things get difficult,

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 29 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use my missis' card to pay my bill.
Message 30 of 31