cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Card was stolen. Can't pay bill :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just before christmas my Wallet was stolen and i had money taken out of my account. lloyds Put a bar on it and it's being investigated now. I have since had two seperate Debit cards sent out but all of them have still had the block on them due to a error at the Bank. I will be getting a new card on the 18th-23rd which i have been told WILL work.
My bill was due on the first but i need to pay it by the 16th. I contacted an advisor online to ask if i could pay by cash. Unfortunatly that doesn't seem an option. I called earlier today and asked if i could pay with a family members card and was told i can't. I am now stuck. I don't mind getting cut off for a few days but i am worried about it affecting my credit report etc. Last time i went a day over i got a letter saying they were going to take action. Is there ANYWAY i can pay without using my card? I have the money sat right next to me lol

P.s I don't want to set up a direct debit. In the past i have had trouble with DD phone contracts. When i was with Vodafone they took out (£100) randomly and then i had to waittwo weeks to get it back. I also had something similar happen with Orange.   

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
All seems a bit strange to me you must be on some weird contract I would try asking them again to take payment from someone else's card they are not going to turn down money
Message 11 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Pablo is O2 staff, if he says you can pay by someone else's card then it should be ok.

You need to set up a direct debit to comply with the terms of the contract.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can pay with someone else's card whoever you spoke to must not have known
Message 13 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can pay with someone else's card whoever you spoke to must not have known

Seems a bit of an odd mistake to make.  I'd say thats a really basic thing.

Message 14 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree Pablo but who knows slight_smile
Message 15 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont wana get him in trouble. To be fair he didn't say i couldn't but he didn't seem that keen. As if i shouldn;t have been asking if ya get me. I know a few places that refuse to take payment with other peopels cards.

Also to the person saying about direct debit, I asked the sales person if he could guarentee that nothing would get taken out of my account by mistake or an error on the bill.. and he said he was 99% sure it wouldn't which wasn't good enough for me. He then said i could cancel it after a few days which i did. I would NEVER have a direct Debit with a phone company again. I had to threaten orange with court action before they gave me back my money. I have been happy with 02 and only ever had one problem which was sorted straight away. That one problem was £20 was added to my bill by mistake... So they would have taken out an extra £20 if i had DD. 

Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I get you I did the same thing with one of my contracts and always paid by debit card each month as far as I know it's allowed they never said it was a problem
Message 17 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooo I just call up with the person whos card it is, and then give them my personal info and then hand the phone over to them to give them the card details?

Message 18 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that's all that is required its a simple process and can be done simply please let us know how you get on slight_smile
Message 19 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I would NEVER have a direct Debit with a phone company again.

It's not an option though, you agreed to pay by DD as part of your contract.

Technically you are breaching the contract having cancelled it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 31