cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Spain - what to do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just wondering if there was anyone who knew a bit more info. about this than I do...

I'm moving to Spain in under 3 weeks and I have 3 months left of a 24 month contract with my iphone 4S. I expect I'll have to pay off the remaining contract, which is fine, but does anyone know how to get my iphone working in Spain with a Spanish network? Will I need it unlocked, what are the best Spanish networks etc...? Any help would be great. Cheers

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will need to get your phone unlocked. It's free on contract and you just need to fill in the form. Unlock Phone

Not sure of the best vnetwork in Spain but Moviestar and Orange always give me good coverage. You are correct that you will have to pay off the remainder of your contract but cancel any bolt ons you have first to make it a little cheaper.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will need to get your phone unlocked. It's free on contract and you just need to fill in the form. Unlock Phone

Not sure of the best vnetwork in Spain but Moviestar and Orange always give me good coverage. You are correct that you will have to pay off the remainder of your contract but cancel any bolt ons you have first to make it a little cheaper.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Thanks for the help. Another thing on my 'to do' list ticked off slight_smile

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Movistar in Spain is owned and run by Telefonica. Same company that owns O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4