cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving abroad.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm a single mother. I currently live in UK but I'm planning to move abroad. I have a pay monthly contract but since few weeks I have literaly NO income at all...And won't have any until long.. It became really hard for me to live properly. I can't afford to pay my bill anymore, plus I won't need my UK sim where I'm going.. I have 8 months left until my contract is finished. I really don't know what to do about it! I'm not planning on coming back in UK either, I'm not from UK so I don't know anyone here, that's why I have to go back so my family can help me for a while. Any advices on what I could do?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To end the contract you need to pay off the remaining months. From what you say you cannot do this. You could sell the phone to pay off the remaining term which would let you leave the UK with a clean slate just in case you ever do want to return.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To end the contract you need to pay off the remaining months. From what you say you cannot do this. You could sell the phone to pay off the remaining term which would let you leave the UK with a clean slate just in case you ever do want to return.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
And just to add I hope you find your feet on your return to your home country.

Take care.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your other option is to just walk away, but this will trigger your account being passed to a debt collection agency and you will get a default of your credit rating. May not make any difference if you never return to the UK and I wouldn't advocate it, but that's the worse case scenario.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4