Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Mobile Coverage in Kenya

I am in Kenya on holiday with my wife.  My wife has O2 Pay as You Go.  I have an O2 monthly account.  My wife has mobile coverage serviced by a company called Aertel.  I have no mobile coverage at all.  Why not?

Why don't I try to get a solution from Live Chat - because I have a flaky internet connection that keeps going down.

Anonymous

Re: Mobile Coverage in Kenya

Hi,

Ring 02 on 

+44 844 809 0200

The 02 travel info link is

http://www.o2.co.uk/international/o2-travel

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Could be that your account isnt set up for roaming in which case you would need to speak to customer services. Have you also tries manually connecting to a network?

Hope this helps

Anonymous

Midshipman,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately my problem is that I do not have any mobile service, therefore I cannot phone O2 in the UK unless I pay exorbitant landline charges.  (If I try to contact O2 by phone i will be hanging on the line forever waiting for a reply.)

I have checked out the O2 travel site you suggested.  Unfortunately it only covers services in Europe.

Thanks again

Declan

Anonymous

Standish,

Thanks for your reply.

My mobile is configured for roaming and I have used it in a number of overseas countries, so that is not the problem.

I will try your suggestion of manually trying to connect to a service.

Regards

Declan

Highlighted
Anonymous

Standish, I tried your suggestion about manually connecting to a network in Kenya. There were about 5 3G services but I was unable to connect to any of them. However I was able to connect to one 2G service and was able to send and receive texts. Thanks Declan