Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of o2 issues this weekend.

GamerRaver
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone 15 pro max and an Apple Watch S6.

i purchased a 16 pro max & S10 outright directly through apple on Friday.

i transferred my eSIM across to both phone and watch.

my iPhone worked right away, my watch did not.

the following morning (Saturday) I had an issue with my watch so had to reset it to factory default and deleted the data plan that was being activated.

I tried going to data plan > re-active but I would see an 08 error.

i called in o2 they told me to give it 24 hours.

i did. It did not work.

i researched about the error yesterday and was told to go through the whole eSIM activation from the phone side.

so I’ve called in o2 explained the situation and they did a new eSIM transfer for me via the app.

but upon activation, something went wrong. Had an iOS pop up saying activation failed and to call in o2.

now I’m trying to call in on my work phone because I have no signal on my main phone and support are not being helpful over the phone and issuing a new eSIM activation. (They did this for my partner who’s tech change eSIM swap messed up - whom I am bill payer for with no issues/questions, so why am I having issues?)

I keep getting transferred over across to different lines and no one is helping.

they did say they wanted me to go to an o2 store and get a ordinary sim as an alternative, but I reminded them that my Apple Watch will not then work and that I have a data plan with o2 so they are responsible in getting this working. 

please can someone help, the quality of service has been exceptionally poor. 

update - I have been told they have escalated this and will take 3-5 working days to come with a response. This is just not good at all. It’s the best they could offer so nothing I can do.

i have a new iPhone and Apple Watch, without a SIM card if my home got broken into and phone was stolen nothing I could do.

thanks o2

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7865 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1645 Solutions

You don't need an eSIM in the phone for it to work with the watch, just an eSIM for the watch.

Those of us here long term are warning people off using eSIMs for their main phone number, far too much hassle now and in the future.

All networks have problems with eSIMs but O2 are probably the worst 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149183 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28468 Solutions

@GamerRaver 

Have a look here Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

GamerRaver
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey there, thanks for the link. This is actually what I was trying to follow (why are o2 support over phone not aware of this guide or lack the same knowledge I don’t know but that’s worrying) 

anyway, I was getting error 8. I was at the part of unlinking my watch to phone, then getting new eSIM for my mobile.

but unfortunately support has messed things up so bad they’ve left me with no signal, eSIM activation didn’t work. Told me 3-5 working days to get a response from escalation support. Unacceptable. I have a contract with o2 and o2 have failed on the basic terms to provide a service.

because o2 have left me with no working signal and no working eSIM with no short resolution (this issue did begin with my watch from Friday, so we are on day 3 of trying to get a resolution already) I’ve had no choice but to submit a complaint, grab a eSIM from a different network and have asked o2 to pay for the rolling contract in its entirety (amongst the bare minimum of what they are legally expected to do.) otherwise it is an ombudsman complaint. 

I hate to play hardball but o2 support over phone did try to pass the buck into Apple attempting to waste my time and angering customer even further on Saturday. (All phones are recorded, I have already submitted a complaint via feedback form which I mentioned in the complaint.) 

I will be leaving o2 soon after this and have requested a fair amount for out of contract settlement on 3 contracts that I pay for.

I’m also in a corporate IT department that provisions over 1500+ business SIM cards for my firm, we’ve had issues with o2 since early this year, I will be feedbacking this to my directors on what a mess o2 have caused with their customer support, I am sure they won’t be happy they’ve left a staff member with no signal or anything on their personal line as the trust has been damaged on the business/corporate side of things because o2 we’re not being clear with terms of international data/roaming that we originally had signed with our business contract (I have experienced/seen this first hand.) damage is done there and is now done with my personal line. That is it. You are done for o2. You will lose a lot of corporate & personal customers over the next few years mark my words.

It really is astonishing how poor, really bottomless pit poor o2 are for personal & business lines

do better o2.

Message 4 of 5

GamerRaver
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t believe I can get a physical sim at the moment either, my number is stuck in limbo in a eSIM processing. There is nothing anyone can do in store nor phone.

if I call my number it says it’s no longer valid.

Message 5 of 5