Did you mean: 

Lost phone :-(

Ethan878
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys

Lost my iPhone underground in a huge warehouse last night. No signal no WiFi. Have set up erase iPhone and deactivate SIM card when/if it does connect but probably again.

Anyways need a new sim now, if I go to an o2 shop will they give me one there and then and set it up for me, or do I have to order one?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144746 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Ethan878 Yes if your stores are open in your area but they should have sent a replacement out when you reported it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144746 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Ethan878 

You have to report it lost which will trigger the sim replacement process Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144746 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Ethan878 

This process will also put a bar on your phone and account, whih will need to be lifted by customer service when your new sim arrives.

They can also lift the phone bar, should it ever be returned to you.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Ethan878
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks

Yes I called them yesterday early morning and a bar has been put on. I have not spoken to cs yet

My question is can I visit the store as the next step? And get a replacement sim there and then?
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144746 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Ethan878 Yes if your stores are open in your area but they should have sent a replacement out when you reported it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Ethan878
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I will go to a shop tomorrow and see if they can help.
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144746 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23167 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Ethan878 If you're in England, stores are closed until December 2

Our latest update on COVID-19 (coronavirus) | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8