Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Phone ?

alecb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have bought a 12m SIM only contract on O2 (note - not purchased from O2). On trying to port my number to this new contract I was advised by O2 that the number that I was calling from did not match the number that I was quoting to them. The SIM number and the Mobile number did not match up.

I was then sent another SIM card to use in the phone. On contacting O2 I was told that the SIM needed to be activated and that O2 would send me a 4 digit code by text to enter in the phone.

I never received the  text and all that has happened is that my phone is now locked and I get a message :

MM Phone Services - Phone not allowed.

I have been into my local O2 shop where they diagnosed a faulty SIM and changed it over.

After waiting 24 hours for the SIM to be activated I am still getting the same error message.

Back to the O2 shop today where they were as much use as a chocolate teapot. I don't think the guy had any idea.

The phone was bought from John Lewis so an accredited seller.

Does anyone have any idea where I can go from here?

Thanks Alec

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Take it back and tell them it's faulty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@alecb keep trying customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but I'll tag @EmilieT too for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @alecb, and welcome to the forum! Wave

I was wondering if you had made any progress yesterday, with Customer Service as @MI5 suggested? If not please do come back and let us know, we can have someone on our end look into this for you slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 8

alecb
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I have just spoken to O2 Cust Service. They have advised that my contract has been terminated under the 14 day rule. However they have also advised that they are unable to "lock" my phone. The phone was working with another SIM before I contacted Cust Services a couple of weeks ago so if O2 haven't locked my phone then who has?

I am loathe to take the phone back to JOhn Lewis where I bought it from unless this error message ie. 

"Phone Services - Phone not Allowed" is something that has gone wrong with the phone's software and isn't down to me and is down to Nokia to sort out.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Alec

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Take it back and tell them it's faulty.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

alecb
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll give it a whirl. Many thanks.

Message 6 of 8

alecb
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello Emilie

I phoned O2 Cust Services but they denied that it could have had anything to do with them.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard palce so to speak so only thing that I can do now is take it back to JLewis

and hopefully get a refund. Still 18 months of warranty so fingers crossed.

Cheers, Alec

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

John Lewis are normally pretty good that way. Hope they sort it for you mate.

Message 8 of 8