cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat not active

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any reason why Live Chat is not active at the moment? I've tried using different browsers etc and keep getting the message "We're just checking to see if there's an available agent".

I've been on the page, and refreshing other pages sincer 0900 this morning and one and a half hours later there is still no option to chat (due to work I'm not in a position to call Customer Services)

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

No idea though you may be better to contact customer services and speak to someone http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edit I see that is difficult for you. We may be able to help here UNLESS its an account based issue...

Or you could try via this link http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/chatnow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I restored my phone last night and it seems to have used all my data. I have all my data settings very tightly set so that virtually nothing runs from my data allowance, so I'm stunned to see all my allowance has gone this morning. (my phone restored whilst at home, on wifi).

Would there be a reason for this?

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No reason for any data use on wifi unless you have download booster or wifi assist turned on?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope...

Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You would be better calling in all honesty. Live chat will just tell you that the systems are correct. 

Message 6 of 17

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any reason why Live Chat is not active at the moment? I've tried using different browsers etc and keep getting the message "We're just checking to see if there's an available agent".

I've been on the page, and refreshing other pages sincer 0900 this morning and one and a half hours later there is still no option to chat (due to work I'm not in a position to call Customer Services)

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome to the O2 Community! We are sorry to hear about your issue.

We cannot reproduce the problem you have reported, I am sorry Cry

Did you get it fixed? Please give us more information in case we could help you further. Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

NO I did not get it fixed. Chat still won't work for me.

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@MercedesS there is often an issue whereby a customer will come on here saying live chat is not working.

Many of us then click the chat link and get straight on. So there is a fundamental issue with the system that appears to block some customers.

It could be geographic location, ip address, browser type / version etc but we simply do not know.

Something that O2 need to address so if you can get a list of specific requirements from tech support that they need to diagnose the problem, we can ask customers and see if there is a pattern developing.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

^^^^^^ Pretty much that above. I have tried live chat myself on my PC and phone since @Anonymous posted. I connected with no issue at all....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 17