cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat not active

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any reason why Live Chat is not active at the moment? I've tried using different browsers etc and keep getting the message "We're just checking to see if there's an available agent".

I've been on the page, and refreshing other pages sincer 0900 this morning and one and a half hours later there is still no option to chat (due to work I'm not in a position to call Customer Services)

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

As @MI5 said it is hard to know why but we will try to help! slight_smile

@MI5 wrote:

It could be geographic location, ip address, browser type / version etc but we simply do not know.

Something that O2 need to address so if you can get a list of specific requirements from tech support that they need to diagnose the problem, we can ask customers and see if there is a pattern developing.

@MI5,  I am on it right now! Good Idea

And thanks @Cleoriff for helping us testing! I did try 3 browsers, computer & iPhone and all of them work for me Destroy

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - I do have all the correct links for Live Chat - this is the message which appears whenever I try to connect.

Capture.JPG

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

The live chat not working for me either. I am trying to contact them re a web top up which has been charged for but has not been received some 3 hours later...anyone know of an alternative free number to contact O2? As the 4444 options are not applicable.

Message 14 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Try 0800 809 0202 if it still works.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thank you all for the help, you are Fantastic

We’ll look into the matter right now and post any updates as we get them.

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 16 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Going to ask some (very) obvious questions:
-have you cleared cache/cookies on the different browsers?
-are any of the browsers reliant on Java of one type or another and is it up to date?
-are you using PC/laptop or mobile, and which OS(s) have you tried?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 17