Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving o2

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6974 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi I'm new here and I was wondering if you can help me my contract with o2 ends at the end of next month & I'm thinking of leaving o2 (but what I want to know is are there any hidden fees for if i decide to cancel early?)

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's sort of what I meant Rich. Just didn't want to confuse the OP any further.

For clarity you can purchase a handset from GiffGaff on a 24 month deal. Effectively you enter into a credit agreement with a 3rd party company (i think owned by Telefonica but not sure). Giffgaff get the handset money upfront.

But the concept works the same as refresh. You agree to buy the handset over 24 months. You enter into a credit agreement for same. You can either pay monthly for the full 24 months or you can end the agreement at any time by paying off the balance.
Message 31 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried Giffgaff and so did my daughter and even though they run off O2 the data speeds were slower and Internet experience laggy. My own personal experience and others may differ.

Also they have no customer service dept to ring to speak to but instead online people on their forum.
Message 32 of 81

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's through www.ratesetter.com
https://giffgaff.com/peer-2-peer-lending
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 81

blissgirl
  • 6974 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I dont understand all what your saying I was only asking what you have to do to cancel your contract with o2 & if there are any hidden charges that apply

Message 34 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

@blissgirl wrote:

I dont understand all what your saying I was only asking what you have to do to cancel your contract with o2 & if there are any hidden charges that apply

Very true. 

Things can can go awry sometimes. 

Follow the advice in the earlier posts. 

Message 35 of 81

blissgirl
  • 6974 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

thanks for the advise on gifgaf but think i'll give it a miss just want a change from o2 slight_smile

Message 36 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

As said in previous posts, call CS on 202 to give your 30 days notice. Since your contract ends end of next month, you should only receive your final bill and no early cancellation fees.

Message 37 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

@blissgirl wrote:

thanks for the advise on gifgaf but think i'll give it a miss just want a change from o2 slight_smile

Ok. 

As piperdog123 suggested earlier please test out alternative networks via PAYG sims before committing. 

Message 38 of 81

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:

That's fair enough. Just try some P&G sims from other networks to make sure the coverage is good at home, work  and your normal travelling circles.

You might want to unlock your phone too. More resellable value and you can also try other sims before entering into any contract.

Unlock link in my signature.

Message 39 of 81

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:

There are no hidden charges if you have reached the end of your minimum term.

The advice to PAC your number to a different network applies as all networks are notoriously bad at cancelling contracts where the phone number is not retained.

It was advice given in good faith so as to prevent you from continuous charges even though you thought you had cancelled.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 40 of 81