cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping number from previous provider - Issues!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted O2 Online Chat and completed online form, with my PAC Code giving enough notice to transfer my old number.  When the number had not been changed I contacted O2 Online Chat and was told that it was all in hand and would be completed that day.  The following day I contacted O2 again as the number still had not been transfered. The adviser was pleasant but said there had been a technical error (whatever that means) but that it would be resolved quickly...however this was a weekend and that although I was told 'it will be resolved by Monday' when questioned further she agreed that the Saturday and Sunday were not considered working days, and the transfer would take place on the Monday...so not 'BY Monday'.  The PAC code expired that weekend so now I have had to pay my old provider a further month to enable me to keep the number, and we have already paid the first month of the O2 contract and not used the phone...SO MUCH for customer service.  Instead of saving us money we now worse off, and aparently stuck in a 12mth contract as not cancelled within 14days of receipt!  Clever really as you don't know there are issues until the 30days!!! NOT IMPRESSED

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
What day was it that you originally submitted the form?
By way of a gesture of goodwill, if you CALL cs on 202, they may offer you something off your bill.
If you don't ask, you don't get, but always CALL and not use live chat for these kinds of issues.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
What day was it that you originally submitted the form?
By way of a gesture of goodwill, if you CALL cs on 202, they may offer you something off your bill.
If you don't ask, you don't get, but always CALL and not use live chat for these kinds of issues.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Yes always call as live chat don't deal with porting issues. Call and speak to someone. Chart had its uses bit not normally account related problems. 

Message 3 of 3