Did you mean: 

Keeping my new number and puc codes

NickyNoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I gave O2 my puc code last week as I want to keep my number as I have moved over to them. I gave it them as part of the process of buying my new sim, before I even had my new phone, which I got on Friday. I presumed them asking for it in advance and me giving it would spped up the process.

But now we are at the end of Monday of the folowing week and I havent heard anything from them regarding the new phone sim transferring to my previous number. Ive had loads of texts about allsorts, but nothing about my number changing, I went online and entered the puc code again, following the online instructions. Still nothing has come back to say the pricess has started or how long it will take.

My other half got his phone on the same day and he was notified when to expect the change. I dont even know for sure they have accepted my code. Im miffed because there is no customer service available, either by phone (i get cut off) or by webchat, which is never available. How can I be sure that my number is ever going to transfer? ANyone know if I should have had any kind of notification.  Thanks Nicky

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@NickyNoo 

You should be notified if accepted.

Submit the form again from here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

and make sure you have a PAC not a PUK

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: What code do I need: PAC or PUK 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@NickyNoo 

You should be notified if accepted.

Submit the form again from here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

and make sure you have a PAC not a PUK

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: What code do I need: PAC or PUK 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

NickyNoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, sorry I said PUC but I meant pac! Ive just gone through that again and it threw me out after i have filled everything in, but it is the same link i followed on Friday. There is an error message now saying the site is don for transferring numbers. It is so frustrating. All weekend the 202 service just tells me to go online to do it, and then cuts me off even though online it says you can give it over 202!!It's driving me bonkers! But thanks for your help. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@NickyNoo 

Numbers here to call O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4