Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Issue with billing

Right. Due to losing work i missed last months bill but now have the money in my bank to pay this months and last months. ive just paid this months bill off but when i go to view my bills it doesnt show that i still owe them last months bill, i see you can make a payment of your own accord but im worried that they will just accept the money and not recognise that its for that bill.
what should i do?
Highlighted
Topics: 22
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: Issue with billing

It doesn't show up immediately. However, give CS a call and check with them.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Right. Due to losing work i missed last months bill but now have the money in my bank to pay this months and last months. ive just paid this months bill off but when i go to view my bills it doesnt show that i still owe them last months bill, i see you can make a payment of your own accord but im worried that they will just accept the money and not recognise that its for that bill.
what should i do?

Can you be a bit more specific? In what way have you paid this months bill? Was it by DD? If so it will have taken both bills together.
If not, please give a bit more detail.
Highlighted
Anonymous

i owed o2 two payments as i missed the previous months.
my bill is £45 a month and i paid this months £45 through direct debit.
but i still owe them last months payment which i can now afford but when i go onto the website it doesnt show but the "make a payment" is there and allows you to pay an amount of your chosing. should i risk paying the amount i owe and hope that they count that as the miss payment?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Did you call them when you had trouble last month? They may have held the other amount for you to prevent barring?
Don't worry though, any payments you make on your account are only credited to your bill because it's all linked to your phone number.
Like I said earlier though, a DD will normally take the total amount owed, leaving the balance clear. Are you sure it only took £45? Look in your payment history.
Highlighted
Anonymous

yeah i called them and they said just go online and pay when you can next afford it.
yeah they only took the £45 out
but i just made a payment and it does seem to have worked
thanks for your information
Highlighted
Anonymous

You're welcome. Just to be on the safe side be sure to check your bill balance and payment history, especially when your next bill is produced, but I'm sure it's fine as it's a pretty good online system once you get used to it.