cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection in Mercedes C Class

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my car has the ability to connect to the internet through my Iphone 6  pay monthly. The car pairs with the phone using bluetooth no problem, and making and receiving calls is fine. The issue comes when i try to connect to the internet. The message is 'Data communication is temporarily unavailable'. This also happens with my work samsun phone also on O2. But with the Mercedes dealership, we got all different phones on all different networks to work with no problem. It is purely O2. Mercedes say they are not aware of anything, so i am trying so far unsuccessfully to get some thoughts or answers from O2.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If it is the same as the Note it is in bluetooth settings on the car options menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 92

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
PS, this is on my Skoda though, not a Merc but I think it's a very similar system......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 22 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for all of your help. I have been back to my car and there is no bluetooth seting option. The phone just connect tand thats it! Mercedes have though given me the error report from the car and it does say there is an error with the network provider?

Message 23 of 92

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Without the car there's not much else I can suggest....
Does the same phone with say an EE sim connect OK?

Currently using:
Message 24 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, at the dealership they tried 12 phones all different models with different providers. 7 worked fine, the 5 that didnt work were all O2 phones..Sop it is something to do with O2, i just do not know what.

Message 25 of 92

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So, to confirm....
The exact same phone will not work with an O2 sim but will work with another network and the only difference was a sim card change?
It is important that the same phone is used in both tests as phones of the same type could have different settings enabled......

Currently using:
Message 26 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi no they were different phones, so for example there was my iPhone6 and there iPhone6. Mine is O2 and there's was on EE. There's connected straight away, mine wouldnt. We then went on and used iPhone 5's and Nokia's and Samsung, each time it was the O2 phone that failed.

Thanks again for your help.

On the iPhones we both had Personeel hotspot switched on, neither phone has a VPN and we checked the data roaming etc settings all were the same. 

Now on my Samsung i have found i can connect to the internet in my car, but only if the phone is on wireless!. If i switch the wireless off, it will not connect!

I also have a 4G O2 MIFI which i put in the car and attached both phones via the wireless network. The bluetooth connection to the car. Still nothing.

Message 27 of 92

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Message 28 of 92

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Now on my Samsung i have found i can connect to the internet in my car, but only if the phone is on wireless!. If i switch the wireless off, it will not connect!

That would explain why my Samsung connected OK to mine then as my WiFi is always on (I hadn't thought of that) so now I'm wondering if it is connected with the iPhone WiFi sleep policy, ie, it turns off when screen is off ?

You could test this by having the iPhone on charge as this would keep the WiFi on all the time.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for looking for me, unfortunately they relate to older models. Mine is a 09/2014 so has the latest, but not greatest comand system!!

Message 30 of 92