cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’ve had the international bolt for years. It gave me unlimited minutes to USA for £10 a month. I was given no notice that it had ceased in November (O2 say I was sent a letter) and subsequently ran up a bill of over £2000 without realising I was doing so. My usual bill is about £50 a month. No warning was given to me that I was paying a rack rent of £1.50 a minute and incurring a huge bill. I contested it (not easy and took numerous calls) and have now been given a credit of about £1000. I am a pensioner over 70. This has caused me considerable distress over Christmas and New Year and I still can’t afford the bill, even after the credit. Anyone else been affected like this?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
@MI5 @martino2 @Marjo they can help you a few people have been effected from this
Message 2 of 13

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous I am so sorry to hear about the problems you've had and your enormous phone bill. Glad to hear O2 have credited at least £1,000 but it still leaves you with a considerable bill to pay.

If you want to formally complain please follow this link https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I will also tag @Martin-O2 and @Marjo our Community Managers to see if they can assist you.

In the meantime, I would suggest you speak to Customer Services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus, between 0800-08:30 is best, explaining your circumstances regarding your still substantial bill.

I hope I've been of some help and welcome to the forum, though I wish it were under pleasanter circumstances.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27688 Solutions
As you were an international bolt on user, you should have automatically been put on the new international calling trial.
https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial
You should be paying the rates shown on that link.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much for your helpful comments and understanding. That has been sadly lacking for the most part in my dealings with O2. My problem has already been escalated from Customer Services to Complaints Review Service and that resulted in me getting a credit for about half the debt, but I was still left with a bill for over a thousand pounds.
I have now had a letter from O2 telling me I will have my phone cut off, so decided yesterday to pay it with a credit card in order to avoid that happening, so I now have a huge credit card debt instead! I’m told my only recourse now is the Ombudsman and am considering that route.
As a business account holder, I apparently don’t qualify for the International calling trial. Although long retired, I have never thought to change from a business to a personal account and that might possibly account for some of the “attitude” I have encountered?

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123017 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@AnonymousAs you are  business customer therein lies the problem sadly...

The Intertrial link states this quite clearly

Until we launch the full service next year, it will only be available to a limited number of Pay Monthly customers. Business and Pay As You Go customers are not eligible.

However, this doesn't alter the fact that you should have been informed of a change of rate. I think a complaint is the way to go although to save you more stress maybe one of our community admin can help @Marjo @Martin-O2. No one needs this type of worry and anxiety slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@liggerz87@Glory1@Cleoriff Thanks for tagging us in this guys! smiling

@Anonymous I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'd like to arrange for someone to take a closer look at your case and see if anything can be done. I'll need a few details so I'll send you a private message. Please get back to me there when you have a minute. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123017 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Lots of tags @Martin-O2 Apologies for mine,I got a bit carried away with my concern for the OP...Still, too many tags is better than none at all...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff I'd rather get tagged 5 times then not at all! laughing

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 13