Did you mean: 

International Text charges never sent.

Getafix
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have 3 PAYG lines with O2.

Got one on 07Oct. Topped up £20 for the £20 Bundle.

Did the same again on 08Nov. Bundle Renewed.

Topped up £20 on 07Dec and an hour later £1.60 deducted for International Text. And as not enough money, Bundle did not renew. On 08Dec I added another £10 and Bundle renewed immediately with Balance of £8.40

Used O2 Live chat so they can investigate it. Which they never bothered and using the Line "Our Records are correct and have been charged accordingly". 

Now fast forward to today. I check my balance and down to £2.40.

And use Live chat and same line again and no offer to investigate.

Has anyone had similar issue?

They want me to pay £10 for SAR and then take the phone and call details to O2 shop? So what is O2 shop going to do?

Message 1 of 43
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Getafix
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just thought will update with the latest on this.

1. The International Texts did actually come from the phone. The Security Setting, to send a Text to 2 numbers when a SIM is changed, was on.

2. The 2 numbers are Kenyan Numbers as the Phone is Normally used in Kenya. One of the Numbers was switched off (Person in UK) and the other Number, they ignored it as they knew that phone was being used in UK.

3. Nothing Dodgy about Kenya.

Did let O2 know about this.

Ironically, the phone actually got lost few days after I posted. Waiting to see if any Texts is received as they are on their way back to Kenya.

View solution in original post

Message 41 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'd suggest that you call cs rather than using live chat, they're not very good when it comes to account issues. I can't see going into the shop will do anything other than waste your time tbqh!

So, call 4445 and talk to a cs agent. If you're still hitting a brick wall come back and we will try to advise further.

It's best to call at 8/8:30am as it's the quietest time and less queuing will be involved. It costs 25p on most payg tariffs to speak to an agent.
Message 2 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Calls to 4445 are free on big bundle tariffs.
Your only issue is what you have used £6.00 of credit between Dec 8th and today as your bundle wouldn't have renewed until 8 Dec and you didn't have enough credit for it.
If you have sent further International texts over Christmas and New Year that would explain the loss of credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

A bit confused here. I thought @Getafix was inferring they were charged for an international text they never sent?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 43

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
It doesn't state if it was an intended or unintended text - it just says an international one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It doesn't state if it was an intended or unintended text - it just says an international one.

Yes I know...thats why I queried it....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 43

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
I've never unintentionally sent an international text so I assumed it was intended slight_smile
Message 7 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I've never unintentionally sent an international text so I assumed it was intended slight_smile

Or they never sent an international text at all...intentionally or unintentionally ConfusedLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 43

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions

@Getafix

Tell us your intent, lol

Message 9 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Getafix

Tell us your intent, lol

I knew I would break you in the end....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket