Did you mean: 

International Text charges never sent.

Getafix
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have 3 PAYG lines with O2.

Got one on 07Oct. Topped up £20 for the £20 Bundle.

Did the same again on 08Nov. Bundle Renewed.

Topped up £20 on 07Dec and an hour later £1.60 deducted for International Text. And as not enough money, Bundle did not renew. On 08Dec I added another £10 and Bundle renewed immediately with Balance of £8.40

Used O2 Live chat so they can investigate it. Which they never bothered and using the Line "Our Records are correct and have been charged accordingly". 

Now fast forward to today. I check my balance and down to £2.40.

And use Live chat and same line again and no offer to investigate.

Has anyone had similar issue?

They want me to pay £10 for SAR and then take the phone and call details to O2 shop? So what is O2 shop going to do?

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Getafix
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just thought will update with the latest on this.

1. The International Texts did actually come from the phone. The Security Setting, to send a Text to 2 numbers when a SIM is changed, was on.

2. The 2 numbers are Kenyan Numbers as the Phone is Normally used in Kenya. One of the Numbers was switched off (Person in UK) and the other Number, they ignored it as they knew that phone was being used in UK.

3. Nothing Dodgy about Kenya.

Did let O2 know about this.

Ironically, the phone actually got lost few days after I posted. Waiting to see if any Texts is received as they are on their way back to Kenya.

Message 41 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

At least you got to the bottom of it. I also have changed sim text message enabled but it's to a UK number.

Message 42 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
So nothing strange at all then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 43