Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

Wondering if anyone could help me as Im not tech savvy at all!

Yesterday my boyfriend dropped my Nokia n95 into a cup of tea and its now completely messed up.
wont switch on or anything...

I'm a pay monthly customer and my contract doesnt end until September
I dont think i have insurance, so what shoud i do?

I was wondering if i could upgrade my contract, and have the new contract for another 18 months? Thank you in advance! :robotsad: :robotindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

You can upgrade your tariff at any time (£30 to £35 for example) but you don't get another handset, as your original term stands.

You would only be eligable for a new handset in the last month of your original term (August in your case).

If you have no accident insurance for your phone, your only recourse would be to have it repaired (which would probably be costly), or just buy a cheap handset until August.

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

Thanks very much x
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

If you haven't got insurance, take the phone apart as much as you can, wipe down with a clean dry cloth and put it somewhere for at least 3 days to dry out, don't attempt to turn it on.

Water doesn't damage electrics at all, its passing a current through it when its wet that does the damage. You could submerge a tv in a bath and so long as you dry it out it will be fine I know you've tried turning it on but it might be worth a try.

Its less likely to be revived if it had sugar in the tea though because it sticks to all the circuits
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

If you follow wanty's advice and dismantle the phone to try and dry it up, be careful with the camera assembly, as this component of the n95 cannot be re-assembled once it has been removed!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

I damaged my N95 a few weeks ago, it would not turn on, (i was drunk and dont know hat happened it) I took it into my local O2 store and the member of staff told me it would be "at least £80 to repair it", i thought thanks but no thanks and rang O2, they got me to send it away and sent me a refurbished phone for free..... Do they make it up as they go along in the shops?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

for what its worth, when i drop something down the loo i dry it out overnight submerged in a bowl of dry rice. works a treat.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

i dried it out, and now it works ok although a bit sluggish, but the backlight doesnt come on anymore and when people phone me it sounds like im speaking to a tiny fairy haha

i guess ill have to get the led repaired...
did they send you the same phone refurbished?? x
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

i dried it out, and now it works ok although a bit sluggish, but the backlight doesnt come on anymore and when people phone me it sounds like im speaking to a tiny fairy haha
i guess ill have to get the led repaired...
did they send you the same phone refurbished?? x

Yeah same phone, N95. Ring them and tell them you dont know what happened, as long as it isnt misuse on your part hopefully you will be ok. Dont go to an O2 shop with it......I didnt have insurnace either but they should do a "warranty fix" as you are still within your contract.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Insurance-less!

aw thank you! I'll ring them first thing tomorrow! Smiley Happy