cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect you have used 80% of your data message.

kamalaggi
Level 4: Observant
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

Basically I have 6gb data (3gb + free 3gb data bolt on for 24 months).

When I hit around 2.5gb I usually get the text saying you have used 80% of your inclusive data. Is there anyway to fix this so I get the notification when im nearly hit 6gb?

The myo2 app shows the full 6gb of data.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Maybe merge all posts into one thread too to keep things tidy?

Not sure I agree with that. The last merged threads became disjointed and didn't prove helpful to the posters who couldn't find their posts again. It was a nightmare with TuGo...where people were posting for different reasons.

Also the Apple megathread merge was fine initially ...then everything got put in there including posts about the newly released Apple Watch 3 which had nothing to do with the release of the new iPhone. That's my opinion anyway..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 31

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Thank you.
Most useful, but as there is only one answer to this question, how many times do you wish to repeat yourself?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Of course you are entitled to your opinion... as am I....

However, there was a different answer to a question posed this morning... as you discovered when you replied on the thread. 

Not everyone has 'a sudden loss of data' because of a promotional tariff. That is my only concern.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 31

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'm not talking about "sudden data loss".
I'm talking about the automated system sending 80% of your data used texts when you haven't.
It's (yet another) o2 system failure that we wouldn't have to discuss if they ever got anything right in the first place!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

We could go on all day about this. Round in circles. You suggest merging the threads, I don't think it's a good idea. I will agree there are a lot of posts about the promotional tariff and we have a guide to explain that.

On the other hand there are many other posts complaining they are running out of data (not sudden data loss...wrong expression). Those threads have nothing to do with promotional tariffs.  I have said all I need to, so will leave it at that....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5. This certainly is coming up more and more so I'll raise it with the team. I'll share any updates I receive. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 16 of 31

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Thanks Martin.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 31

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Is it an o2 system failure?
The message sends when people have used their contractual allowance.
As there is an offer of extra data for the minimum term, they add this as a bolt on.
There are two ways to resolve this:
1) Automated system recognises when there is a recurring bolt on and message states you have used your basic allowance. Second message issued when you hit the trigger for the bolt on.
2) The system is changed to show the full allowance as the standard which is then changed once the 24 months is up.
The issue is that o2 haven't and don't make it clear how they are adding the extra data, or what their system does. If this was more apparent then 90% of the queries wouldn't end up here or contacting customer services.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 18 of 31

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It’s a failure if if sends customers the wrong info. Which it does.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 31

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

So.... @MI5 and @Martin-O2

If you merge this thread into one because the same question is asked time and again, do you therefore merge the most asked questions all over the place. 

How about the most common, I want to/how do I, end my contract? 

It seems we are quite happy to try and get in there with the ready made triple link answers and mop up solutions. Do we merge all those threads were sometimes other questions are asked? How about all the Is this a scam threads being merged?

Maybe it's a good idea so we keep everything tidy? Disjointed large threads such as the mega iPhone thread where nothing was in any kind of order, the TU thread were everyone was asking for alternatives were we were posting the same answer to someone but then other threads were merged into it and the person you were originally replying to was two pages back and in the meantime some other angry people were asking similar or different questions in threads that were merged. Just no continuity attempted by the people merging threads. That would be time consuming yes but don't merge when one of us is in mid-reply.

So, to sum up.

• It seems we are happy to keep answering the standalone most often asked questions. 
  • We now want to merge some threads which are less asked so we don't have to repeat the answer though we are happy to do so where links and solutions are involved.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You are having a laugh yes?

..... and there's me thinking I was crazy 😉

Message 20 of 31