cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect you have used 80% of your data message.

kamalaggi
Level 4: Observant
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

Basically I have 6gb data (3gb + free 3gb data bolt on for 24 months).

When I hit around 2.5gb I usually get the text saying you have used 80% of your inclusive data. Is there anyway to fix this so I get the notification when im nearly hit 6gb?

The myo2 app shows the full 6gb of data.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It was just a suggestion.
Personally I couldn't care less but obviously as it was my suggestion you will oppose it.
Which I also couldn't care less about.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 31

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Not at all and nothing personal intended but just where do you draw the line about merging posts?
There are many repeat questions but everyone is happy to answer them, we don't say to them 'use the search box' to to find the answer. We answer courteously... most of the time 😉
We all know the problem of moving threads, the disjointed and difficult to follow comments.
So let me ask, if the same question about 80% data texts is asked, will we answer in the same way or wait until someone moves it to the megathread and then our answer would be to read the thread?
I really don't see how that would. Answer them by saying wait until your question is moved?
And this wasn't because it was yourself that suggested it, I would have responded in the same way if Martin or Marjo suggested it. Don't make it so personal when it wasn't my intention so I'm sorry if I worded it wrong.
Message 22 of 31

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Clearly a bad idea which I mistakenly thought may help, so forget I mentioned it at all, and apologies for taking the hump tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 31

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

CheersHandshake

Currently using:
Message 25 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @jonsie. Generally we wont merge threads with the same questions. Most threads work with the standard question and eventual solution. When there are several members with the same issue we will encourage people to use the 'first' or main thread to discuss but we wont merge them. Merging is reserved for multiple threads by the same person or massive events that effect a large part of the customer base (iPhone launch/TU closure). 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 26 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Apologies for the double post but I have an update on the data use alert issue. 

The issue has been identified and the team is working on a fix. I'll update you all once this has been implemented. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 27 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Apologies for the double post but I have an update on the data use alert issue. 

The issue has been identified and the team is working on a fix. I'll update you all once this has been implemented. wink

Good news @Martin-O2. Once fixed, hopefully there will be less posts about the issue ..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Yes it's obviously causing confusion so fingers crossed it won't take too long to get sorted. 

signature

Message 29 of 31

Kraiklyn
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Came here to complain about monthly receiving worrying texts that I have used all my data when in fact I have only used half. O2 should really remove these warnings to reflect actual data limit not the pre-promotional amount.

Edit: Oh, good to see that the posts suggesting this be fixed were from a year ago and it is still an issue..

Message 30 of 31