cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Scotland leaves the UK, will O2 charge international rates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been bugging me for a while, I have friends and family in Scotland and text/call them frequently. If Scotland leaves the UK, they'll become a foreign country not automatically an EU member so will it cost the same to text as it would contacting someone in say America?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I took it in the humourous way it was intended @Anonymous  I didn't think it would upset anyone slight_frown

Neither did I @jonsie  but I was wrong and I have done as much as I can to rectify that. 

Gerry

Message 51 of 56

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm glad some people can see the funny side of potential dystopia and breakdown of communications between two or more  countries on the same piece of rock. Smiley Frustrated

Although potentially, whether or not we can charged for our mobile bills is least of our (Scots) worries.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 52 of 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144715 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
It has to be the dumbest idea in years, but at least we ain't killing each other over it 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 said "It has to be the dumbest idea in years, but at least we ain't killing each other over it "

Not Yet. slight_smile
Message 54 of 56

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
MI5 said "It has to be the dumbest idea in years, but at least we ain't killing each other over it "

Not Yet. slight_smile

There will be plenty of people who will make an issue of it sadly.

Message 55 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

So major UK telecoms companies including O2 have come out this morning and said a Yes vote would increase prices

Message 56 of 56